Author Topic: Tom yorke releases album through bittorrent  (Read 2015 times)

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
They made some masterpiece albums like 'OK computer'.

My #1 favorite album of all time...

I think Radiohead or U2 would be interested in something like PeerTracks.

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
I think they are the 'biggest' band that we should persue. They made some masterpiece albums like 'OK computer'. And they are willing to try innovative ways to distribute their albums:

(from wikipedia)
Radiohead's seventh album, In Rainbows, was released through the band's own website in October 2007 as a digital download for which customers could make whatever payment that they deemed appropriate (pay what you want), including paying nothing at all; the site only advised, "it's up to you".[58] Following the band's sudden announcement 10 days beforehand, Radiohead's unusual strategy received much notice within the music industry and beyond.[59] 1.2 million downloads were reportedly sold by the day of release,[60] but the band's management did not release official sales figures, claiming that the Internet-only distribution was intended to boost later retail sales.[61] In a 2011 appearance on The Colbert Report, Ed O'Brien said of the self-release strategy: "We sell less records, but we make more money."[62] Colin Greenwood explained the Internet release as a way of avoiding the "regulated playlists" and "straitened formats" of radio and TV, ensuring fans around the world could all experience the music at the same time, and preventing leaks in advance of a physical release.[63] A "discbox", including a second disc from the recording sessions, vinyl and CD editions of the album, and a hardcover book of artwork, was also sold and shipped in late 2007.[64]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 01:58:13 pm by 麥可貓 »
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
In a press release, Yorke and producer Nigel Godrich describe the Bundle as “an experiment to see if the mechanics of the system are something that the general public can get its head around.” They also suggest that if it works, paygated Bundles “could be an effective way of some control of Internet commerce back to people who are creating the work.”
hehe :)

(Update: I forgot to mention that buyers will only be able to download the album a limited number of times before it’s “locked” and can’t be opened again.)

Thanks for sharing