Author Topic: Filling up votes with proxy voting?  (Read 2143 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
You can vote for 1000 votable items, but even this is a soft limit, the delegates can raise it at any time.

If you want to set your votes in some more flexible way, then write a script that will manually watch several proxies and update your votes to reflect the result of the merging.
Wouldn't it make sense to integrate this in the normal shreholder voting process in the wallet?
Scheme: I vote for a few I know and like and select one or two proxies that fill up the rest... This way you can combine
1) personal (emotional) involvement in the voting process (which also has the side effect that users will update and watch their proxies more closely)
2) and the overall voting participation rate is still increased.

Otherwise users have to choose between the two.

All things are possible, if this was a wallet-side feature  it would merely help users vote, but as far as the network was concerned there would be no proxy.
I didn't understand these two arguments  :-[

Offline bytemaster

You can vote for 1000 votable items, but even this is a soft limit, the delegates can raise it at any time.

If you want to set your votes in some more flexible way, then write a script that will manually watch several proxies and update your votes to reflect the result of the merging.
Wouldn't it make sense to integrate this in the normal shreholder voting process in the wallet?
Scheme: I vote for a few I know and like and select one or two proxies that fill up the rest... This way you can combine
1) personal (emotional) involvement in the voting process (which also has the side effect that users will update and watch their proxies more closely)

All things are possible, if this was a wallet-side feature it would merely help users vote, but as far as the network was concerned there would be no proxy.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 12:31:10 pm by delulo »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
On Mumble session 8/28 BM said that you can either vote yourself or direct your voting power entirely to someone else.

What about voting for as many delegates as you feel like and have the slate of proxy-1 fill up the rest of the votes and proxy-2 again fill up the rest in case your votes and the votes of proxy-1 are not enough (101 votes) and so on?

Related question: Are there still 101 votes in 2.0. I heard that the number of witnesses would be flexible in 2.0...