Author Topic: Bitcointalk Censoring old posts of me exchanging messages with Satoshi  (Read 15451 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Quote from: Bitcoin Forum
A reply of yours, quoted below, was deleted by a Bitcoin Forum moderator. Posts are most frequently deleted because they are off-topic, though they can also be deleted for other reasons. In the future, please avoid posting things that need to be deleted.

I fully believe you and came to conclusion you did.   I read the snack machine post after posting by earlier comment.

I can't find the thread at the moment, but this post was made by me YEARS ago and was just deleted on September 14th 2014.   

Politics are more important than progress to some people. Remember what happened with Ripple?

Apparently Bitshares X isn't cool tech because powerful Bitcoiners don't like Bytemaster? I judge the tech on it's own merit but now we can understand the benefit Satoshi had by being anonymous. We also see the benefit to NXT that came from it's developer being anonymous.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
that's btw why I like the policy of no-delete-at-all (besides obvious spam)

It's kind of funny that BTT mods keep scamming threads open while deleting technical discussion posts?!

Offline bobmaloney

This is just a stupid mod guys. He's trying to "clean up" the thread by deleting what he has deemed irrelevant posts. He should have locked it and left it at that.

Do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. -Hanlon's razor

Deleting the unrelated posts from 2014 = stupidity

Deleting the on-topic, conversational post from 2010 = malice

The heads up that at least one BTT mod is willing to go out of his way to erase historical posts between bytemaster and Satoshi = priceless

*I, for one, would love to read whatever threads may exist within the mod/admin subforums on BTT regarding Bitshares.
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

But why would they do it now in 2014?

In a way he's deleting history. This could not be.. Something more is happening!! I'm mean you don't just go back to 2010 and start deleting posts .. Why ?

I completely agree it was stupid to delete Dans post from 2010 but I seriously think it's just a mod being an idiot. If you look at the cached version you'll see a few new posts from 2014 commenting on BTSX. They probably bumped the thread and it caught the attention of a mod and he decided to delete the new posts but accidentally deleted Dans as well.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

In a way he's deleting history. This could not be.. Something more is happening!! I'm mean you don't just go back to 2010 and start deleting posts .. Why ?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
This is just a stupid mod guys. He's trying to "clean up" the thread by deleting what he has deemed irrelevant posts. He should have locked it and left it at that.

Do not attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity. -Hanlon's razor

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Censorship is the sincerest form of flattery
   :)

I strongly support this interpretation +5% +5% +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline thisisausername

EDIT: Looks like this isn't censorship. It was just that one response; the "meat" of the conversation has been left unscathed. They're cleaning up the thread probably for historic reasons.

I think this is an important point to keep things in perspective here.
Pjo39s6hfpWexsZ6gEBC9iwH9HTAgiEXTG

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Censorship is the sincerest form of flattery

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Mine are getting deleted too... Recent ones too but they are flagged as off topic so maybe an admin is going thru and flagging posts as off topic

Looks like bitshares community censorship?
Yes its a good thing means we are real competition i mentiined btsx in my post that got deleted too
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline gamey

• View Profile
https://bitcointa.lk/

This is some site I do not understand who created it.  They have a copy of posts that are deleted, like a full mirror of bitcointalk.org. I don't know how the bridge works or anything but it has been used to catch people who have tried to delete posts etc.  Perhaps the .lk domain is some form of a decentralization tactic.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
No point in trying to revise it
History is gonna change anyway...

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:36:34 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile