Author Topic: Active and standby delegates shouldn't have to pay fees to publish feeds  (Read 1596 times)

Offline vikram

This should be addressed by:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/issues/820

Yes, there is no fee requirement at the blockchain validation level for publishing. So a delegate can publish feeds in their own block without paying a fee. Currently, they are not able to because all transactions currently pass through the local relay fee check, but we will look into letting delegates bypass this.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I currently publish 60(!) feeds per day .. and have my tx fee set to 0.1 .. that makes a total of 6 btsx per day per delegate ... on the income I have 1-2 BTSX per round (15 minutes) ..

delegates that haven't published feeds in the last 72 hours should definitely be voted out and not supported by lowering the fees!

Offline theoretical

The system's current implementation relies more heavily on feeds than the original design.  Frequent publishing of feeds will increase the stability and integrity of the system.

However, AFAIK currently delegates must pay a transaction fee to publish a feed.  I think a delegate who has published fewer than, say, 200 feed updates in the past 72 hours should be able to publish a feed update for free (no tx fee).

The quota should be high enough to allow delegates to allow rapid response in volatile market conditions, but low enough that all delegates regularly filling their quotas would still use only a negligible amount of blockchain storage.

Scripts should still defer publishing updates due to tiny price movements, to conserve quota which can be "bursted" if a volatile condition occurs later.

Thoughts?
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk