Author Topic: What is everyone's opinion on the [TASK FORCE] sub-forum  (Read 2185 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I would suggest you guys do a "bump" every once in a while then delete the bump. I know you guys want to keep it clean but a lot of people just click "Show unread posts since last visit" and the task force posts are usually at the bottom.

I'm not sure about "keeping it clean".  I pretty much want whatever taskforce to use their thread as they see fit.  So feel free to discuss things in the threads that aren't bump threads.  I tried to tone down the rulesy nature of it all.  I just don't want to see that as a perception..

However for bump threads it is different.  I want people to be able to "notify" the thread and get an email notification when someone posts if they choose.  That only works if most email notifications have actionable items and don't waste people's time.

Thanks everyone for kind words.  Now I would just love to see someone think of a taskforce and create a thread that wasn't seeded by me. :( :)
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
I would suggest you guys do a "bump" every once in a while then delete the bump. I know you guys want to keep it clean but a lot of people just click "Show unread posts since last visit" and the task force posts are usually at the bottom.

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
- I'd suggest the administrators blast our an email to the entire forum about the taskforce and the need to start organizing grass roots initiatives
- I'd create a simple form for people to fill out that are interested in participating with an email address
- If people are afraid of spamming, recommend they create an email specific to these initiatives
- When a taskforce post is made, have someone blast out an email to everyone that wants to participate
- Have a form that people can acknowledge that the mission was complete
- Encourage others to convince a friend or two to help with the initiative

It's worked in other communities.

Thank you for this feedback.  It'd be nice to be in the TASKFORCE subforum.  I know similar things have been done in other communities.  At first glance, the project seems like a possible failure but #1 it has just started #2 we really need to compare it against alternatives.

I could have spent 2-3x+ time trying to learn how to best apply some 3rd party site, but then that learning curve exists somewhat for everyone.

I'm just trying to make people welcome while staying on task.  I'm only a moderator to keep it efficient, never to discourage.

I've been thinking about adding some TASKFORCE's, just been doing a few other things and trying to finish some things out that have been on my plate for too long as it is.

My suggestion is simply to enhance the great idea already presented in the task force sub forum. LOVE the initiatives, this would be just another add-on to get people to take immediate action on the task.  Eager to see what you develop, behind you 100%.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I would suggest:

- Better wing stretching every morning!

- Better nest building every afternoon!

- Flying high, the rest of the day!
  +5%
I have just woken up and started laughing, thank you  :)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
- I'd suggest the administrators blast our an email to the entire forum about the taskforce and the need to start organizing grass roots initiatives
- I'd create a simple form for people to fill out that are interested in participating with an email address
- If people are afraid of spamming, recommend they create an email specific to these initiatives
- When a taskforce post is made, have someone blast out an email to everyone that wants to participate

Thank you for this feedback.  It'd be nice to be in the TASKFORCE subforum.  I know similar things have been done in other communities.  At first glance, the project seems like a possible failure but #1 it has just started #2 we really need to compare it against alternatives.

I could have spent 2-3x+ time trying to learn how to best apply some 3rd party site, but then that learning curve exists somewhat for everyone.

I'm just trying to make people welcome while staying on task.  I'm only a moderator to keep it efficient, never to discourage.

I've been thinking about adding some TASKFORCE's, just been doing a few other things and trying to finish some things out that have been on my plate for too long as it is.

take your time gamey, we are just giving you ideas.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I would suggest:

- Better wing stretching every morning!

- Better nest building every afternoon!

- Flying high, the rest of the day!
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile

great hpenvy +5%

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile