Author Topic: Two blocks in a row signed by same delegate..  (Read 1401 times)

Offline svk

I saw a similar thing last night which had me wondering for a minute. I noticed a block signed by delegate.baozi then immediately after one signed by delegate-baozi, and didn't notice they were different delegates. Then about 15 blocks later delegate.baozi signed another block in the next round, and that had me freaking out thinking he'd signed three blocks out of 20 or so, until I realized it was two different delegates and of course two different rounds :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
You have about 1/101 chance for this to happen every 1010 seconds.

I was under impression that all 101 delegates take turns to produce blocks in each round, so every delegate goes only once per round. Wrong assumption?
As you can see 618524 is the end of round 6124 where delegate bits' slot was last. On the next round however (6125 starting with block 618525) his time-slot is first.

Now it makes sense  :) Thx.
>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

I was under impression that all 101 delegates take turns to produce blocks in each round, so every delegate goes only once per round. Wrong assumption?
As you can see 618524 is the end of round 6124 where delegate bits' slot was last. On the next round however (6125 starting with block 618525) his time-slot is first.

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile

>>> approve bitcoiners

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG

UPDATE:(more detailed explanation) As you can see 618524 is the end of round 6124 where delegate bits' slot was last. On the next round however (6125 starting with block 618525) his time-slot is first.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2014, 07:55:50 am by emski »

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
I wonder if this is expected behaviour or caused by an error for some kind.

>>> approve bitcoiners