Author Topic: When downloading bitsharesx platform client *Error* *read*  (Read 1039 times)

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
- the 64 bit version has some 64-bit related issues, thats why people should install the 32 bit verison
-  when you uninstall the "wallet" you just uninstall the program .. not the blockchain, nor your personal wallet/private keys
- they are stored in in "%APPDATA%\Roaming" (enter this in the address field of the explorer) .. if you wanted to create a new wallet account with new password you can rename the "default" folder in "wallets" into .. say "wallets2"

sounds good.  I dont use the platform as my wallet right now.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
- the 64 bit version has some 64-bit related issues, thats why people should install the 32 bit verison
-  when you uninstall the "wallet" you just uninstall the program .. not the blockchain, nor your personal wallet/private keys
- they are stored in in "%APPDATA%\Roaming" (enter this in the address field of the explorer) .. if you wanted to create a new wallet account with new password you can rename the "default" folder in "wallets" into .. say "wallets2"

Offline eagleeye

• View Profile
When downloading the 64 bit client on http://bitshares-x.info/ it goes to the 32 bit client download.

Also.  Just as a note from a n00b computer person.   I forgot my password (real stupid I know) so I had to delete the client. 

Login and Password retrieval are needed.  I understand that the GUI is being worked on just bringing this up.