Poll

Do you find the BitShares PLAY allocation just?

Yes. BTS with 35% makes sense since to the added network effect.
87 (54.7%)
No. AGS/PTS which made PLAY possible in the first place are not honored sufficiently.
72 (45.3%)

Total Members Voted: 154

Voting closed: November 29, 2014, 05:29:35 pm

Author Topic: Do you find the BitShares PLAY allocation just?  (Read 22460 times)

chryspano

Trying to have a reasonable conversation with you is exhausting.

No pain no gain.

Offline godzirra

• View Profile
Trying to have a reasonable conversation with you is exhausting.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:32:57 pm by godzirra »

chryspano

I still have yet the hear any logical reason why BTS should be share dropped 3x more than AGS
There is no need to be one, the only restriction is to give 10% to AGS and PTS and do with the remaining 80% as they see fit. You may think that AGS should get 20% and I might think that AGS should get 40%, who is right and who is wrong?

AGS people are being labeled as greedy and divisive and harassing.
I don't think so, but I could say that there is the probability that some people just want a bigger piece of the pie no matter what, we can't eliminate this.

Honestly it's those who want 3x more than AGS who are to blame for this ridiculous situation.
No, this percentage was given to them and its some other people that want to get it away from them, its some of the AGS holders want more than what is offered to them.

BTS holders should just let Hackfisher correct his mistake.
With another "mistake"?
It was a mistake that he honored the 10% to AGS and PTS?  You may convince him to change the deal to 20% AGS and then I will call this unfair and ask for another 30% to AGS or 5% to PTS or 2% to BTC or bla bla bla bla..........

Imo BTS holders who want 3x are being extremely selfish in voting yes to the poll.
As I mentioned above its not the bts holders that want something but some of the AGS holders that want more.
As I see it, mostly they are voting NO to any more changes.

Offline fuzzy

I invested most of my BTC to AGS (after Feb. 2014).

With the AGS holder's donation, PLAY could be available.

And AGS holder are not greedy but very reasonable to get more allocation for PLAY than BTS holder.

:( :(

I honestly cannot disagree with that with respect to AGS holders after the Feb Snapshot.  I do recall it being called investing at the time, but I'd prefer not to go there for legal reasons.  However, in many ways these are definitely donations.  I foresee AGSers taking a backseat to PTS and likely being altogether forgotten over time. Hate to say it but it is pretty much set in stone as the incentives are not properly aligned for anything else past what has already occurred. 

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I investeddonated  most of my BTC to AGS (after Feb. 2014).
FIFY  :P

I sometimes hate my self for been that nit-picking  8)

Anyway, glad to have you on board.

Offline kuwaitee

• View Profile
I invested most of my BTC to AGS (after Feb. 2014).

With the AGS holder's donation, PLAY could be available.

And AGS holder are not greedy but very reasonable to get more allocation for PLAY than BTS holder.

:( :(

Offline fuzzy

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

~Robert Frost

Offline godzirra

• View Profile

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

Interesting timing w the Bill Cosby quote

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe. Also not raping women.

lol....jesus.  I have shit I'm actually trying to get done...buzzing on some coffee to stay awake and you made me spit it out with that little jest. 

Why not just fork PLAY, and give the allocation as you like, that's better.

-5 %
Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

I am actually a little bit concerned here....

Hack is only "expected" to honor PTS/AGS 10% and 10%.  Instead of seeing a bunch of people who are thrilled to get over that, I see people giving him hell. 

Under the old social consensus, 10% to PTS and 10% to AGS could be met and the Dev would be able to keep the rest for himself...not that he did this mind you.  But the PTS and AGS holders who would get this sharedrop would likely sell their shares right out of the door because of the bad distribution.  However...I do not see a bad distribution here. 

Please explain why it is so bad.  Oh...and mind you, I donated most of my AGS funds after the feb 28 snapshot so I am kind of getting screwed too if I am thinking about "fairness". 

I think Hack is right.  Fork it!  Sharedrop in the way that suits you!  Or hire someone to fork it and do the sharedrop!

P.S.  this is not being stated because hack is giving us funds to start our own tournament...
I still have yet the hear any logical reason why BTS should be share dropped 3x more than AGS. AGS people are being labeled as greedy and divisive and harassing. Honestly it's those who want 3x more than AGS who are to blame for this ridiculous situation. BTS holders should just let Hackfisher correct his mistake. Imo BTS holders who want 3x are being extremely selfish in voting yes to the poll.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 07:18:35 am by godzirra »

Offline fuzzy

I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody. ~Bill Cosby

lol....jesus.  I have shit I'm actually trying to get done...buzzing on some coffee to stay awake and you made me spit it out with that little jest. 

-5 %

I am actually a little bit concerned here....

Hack is only "expected" to honor PTS/AGS 10% and 10%.  Instead of seeing a bunch of people who are thrilled to get over that, I see people giving him hell. 

Under the old social consensus, 10% to PTS and 10% to AGS could be met and the Dev would be able to keep the rest for himself...not that he did this mind you.  But the PTS and AGS holders who would get this sharedrop would likely sell their shares right out of the door because of the bad distribution.  However...I do not see a bad distribution here. 

Please explain why it is so bad.  Oh...and mind you, I donated most of my AGS funds after the feb 28 snapshot so I am kind of getting screwed too if I am thinking about "fairness". 

I think Hack is right.  Fork it!  Sharedrop in the way that suits you!  Or hire someone to fork it and do the sharedrop!

P.S.  this is not being stated because hack is giving us funds to start our own tournament...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 06:38:17 am by fuzzy »

Offline godzirra

• View Profile

« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 04:09:30 am by godzirra »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Riverhead

I always think that exchanging arguments is never bad and that is how this should be seen. A divide in perspectives / positions does not mean a divide in the community. Ideas and systems (and allocation models) thrive when they are challenged.

+5% +5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Here is how I would do it.

10% PTS (for consensus)
20% for AGS, (10% for consensus, +5 % to AGS for funding, +5 % to AGS for grant)
20 % to BTS, (10 % for consensus and honoring I3, 10% more to attract new believers)

Then 50% left for

10% reserve fund (to avoid inflation)
10% dev stake (incentive and vote corrective)
20% raising funds (let people value and get in on the product)
5% marketing (website, video, adds, ..)
5% misc distribution (giveaways, competitions, bounties, ..)

Don't worry too much about what everyone, including me, are saying Hackfisher. You are doing all the work, you ultimately decide what is best. This thread is for argumentation and proposals until the decision is made, but I for one will be at peace with whatever final result you decide.  :)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

-5 %