Author Topic: Angry (and slightly confused) guy endorses dollars on blockchain  (Read 3740 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Man, who is buying so many Nubits.  Its up to 1.05 lol.

Someone who doesn't realize how it works....

Clearly.  :D

LETS BUY DOLLARS for $1.05 lolol.

Maybe they know about the huge interest that is coming their way shortly... :)
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

Clearly.  :D

LETS BUY DOLLARS for $1.05 lolol.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Ah nice.

Now there are three cryptos in the top 20 that are up:  Ripple, Nubits...and BTSX. :) 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Ripple makes me angry as well...because it seems like the 2nd most promising crypto (after BTSX), and yet ripple labs controls ~90% of the XRP, so if I was to invest in it, they could dump all over my investment at any time.

Even more annoyingly, they're only at no.3 because they changed what they claim makes up their current CAP. BTSX is really already the no.3 in crypto-world.

ahhh they are at #2...
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Crypto tanking might also have something to do with the widely discussed USB-exploit that has been published with an onstage demo plus the tools on github so everybody in the world can do it, not just big guys like NSA and others who supposedly have been using this exploit for quite a while now.

A non-fixeable exploit of usb, might leave some people worried about the private keys they keep on those. It also makes airgap security kinda pointless. Maybe time for open hardware and openfirmware or some such solution.

On the other hand, if the price tanking was based on such a rational reason, that would mean a borderline blasphemous break with tradition of cryptomarkets.

I think the general crypto tanking is simply due to bitcoin hitting new recent lows.  Pretty much everything is getting sold. 

Offline JoeyD

Crypto tanking might also have something to do with the widely discussed USB-exploit that has been published with an onstage demo plus the tools on github so everybody in the world can do it, not just big guys like NSA and others who supposedly have been using this exploit for quite a while now.

A non-fixeable exploit of usb, might leave some people worried about the private keys they keep on those. It also makes airgap security kinda pointless. Maybe time for open hardware and openfirmware or some such solution.

On the other hand, if the price tanking was based on such a rational reason, that would mean a borderline blasphemous break with tradition of cryptomarkets.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Looking at the coinmarketcap top 20 right now is so frustrating.

Ripple up.
NuBits up.

Every other coin down.  Sigh...

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Ripple is nothing without BitStamp and other gateways like it.  It can contain no value itself.

BTSX is nothing without BTER at the moment. Why make such statements? It undermines the work Ripple has done. There is some good stuff in their designs. The Smart Oracles specifically has quite a lot of potential. There are things that could be learned from them.

Ripple=OKPAY or paypal with many small divisions.
Ripple is  not a crypto currency.XRP is a crypto currency,however it contains no specific value comes from Ripple Protocol.

So you can't learn anything from Ripple because there is nothing to learn------XRP is worthless (but ripple trick you into thinking so),Ripple Protocol is useful yet it is another paypal or okpay.
Would be interesting to see how the fees are for a transfer from your home bank in the US to a bank in mexico with ripple. Whether regulatory costs drive up prices in some way...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Even more annoyingly, they're only at no.3 because they changed what they claim makes up their current CAP. BTSX is really already the no.3 in crypto-world.

Yes, the magical addition of those 20 billion XRP, lol.

The worst thing is, they can add 72 billion more to go up to the full amount of XRP in existence, and claim to have a 500+ million market cap.  Which they will probably do if we were to pass them. 

Offline Empirical1.1

• View Profile
Ripple makes me angry as well...because it seems like the 2nd most promising crypto (after BTSX), and yet ripple labs controls ~90% of the XRP, so if I was to invest in it, they could dump all over my investment at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
However the amount of XRP was destroyed during transaction is too small (a couple hundred dollors worth) comparing to the market value of the XRP they sold.

So it's just a trick to sell you their worthless and unlimited amount of XRP.If ripple works with banks,people would think XRP works with banks too ....Sadly,it wasn't.

Yes exactly.  There is no way for us to invest and profit from the technology. 
Just means I am more heavily invested in BTSX. :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Yes... Ripple is closer to our competitor... but even then it isn't.  Ripple is a gateway to banks...a standardized API for talking to all banks. 

BitStamp is on Ripple and has BitStampUSD
You could setup a market for BitStampUSD to ServiceBitUSD and then allow ServiceBitUSD to be redeemable.

BitStamp could also simply have a market for BitStampBitUSD : BitStampUSD directly....

Ripple is nothing without BitStamp and other gateways like it.  It can contain no value itself.
...which is it's strength as well as its weakness.
I don't see much value in anything but BitShares, Ripple and Ethereum for smart contracts. Value not in terms of the value of the token but in terms of what will be used in the future from this crypto industry.
I was speaking solely from a user perspective.
The following I would say is true as long as people are not paid in BitUSD (then you don't need banks anymore), until then: If BTSX can reach integration into Banks (being able to buy BTSX and BitUSD with you online banking account) it is comparable in easy of use with Ripple. The big hassle is buying on an exchange. 

If BitStamp goes down... BitStampUSD is worthless on the Ripple network.
That is the big selling point of course!!
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 05:45:41 pm by delulo »