Author Topic: Standard sell bitUSD order that tracks feed like a short  (Read 2167 times)

zerosum

While you are implementing those custom made orders, custom made for the so called Market86 Engine.

It will be real useful if one can short-sell a predetermined amount of a bitAsset...

The current situation is laughable...

Offline valzav

• View Profile

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
Liondani,

I think allowing people to a place orders that execute at a user defined ratio to price feed would add a lot of overhead to sorting and matching orders.   But I think allowing regular sellers to sell at feed price may accomplish the most useful aspect without excessive overhead.  I also think people should be encouraged to set a floor rather than orders completely controlled by the feed.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
 +5%

I think this has already been discussed, but I can't find the thread right now...

I am trying a couple of months to convince them for something like Agent propose!
I hope now  (I am sure) they implement option's like these on the client!
Will help absolutely the peg and the market depth also....

PS3 I really think it will make a big difference when you let the users make orders (bid or asks) depended of the ratio...    [(bitAsset price) / (median price of realAsset)]
      For example :  buy x bitUSD at ratio:85% nobody would be afraid to make orders !!!!!!!!!!!!  for me that's the cut of the GORDIAN KNOT!!!!!!!!! That's the way to help the peg!!!!
      Then we see on the charts BIG BIG WALLS.... ;)

Is it a way to make orders depending on bitUSD/USD ratio?
I mean how can I put an order to buy bitUSD for example when bitUSD is 85% of USD and lower without the need to calculate it manual every time?

it would increase market depth if we could make orders depended of the ratio...  imagine an order like :  buy x bitUSD at ratio:85%

it would increase market depth if we could make orders depended of the ratio...  imagine an order like :  buy x bitUSD at ratio:85%

I like this idea.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I just want to suggest an option when placing a standard sell order... you still enter your price and quantity as usual but you could have an optional check box that says don't sell below exchange rate (median feed).  So the price you enter then becomes the minimum BTSX you will accept for your bitUSD but you will get matched at the feed price ahead of all shorts and compete with them directly.  Priority should be first in first out.  This is more convenient than losing the spread by selling into whatever bid wall exists or having to carefully place your order just below feed price, only downside is you may have to wait a little for a buyer, but you will eventually move to the front of the line as other sell orders are matched and before any shorts execute.

so it is a extra option? then it is ok with me.

Offline Frodo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: frodo
I think this has already been discussed, but I can't find the thread right now...

busygin

zerosum

Even keeping in mind it is easy to game, because of slow moving feed price.
This will make the life much easier for a lot of folks. So, yes I like it. +5%
« Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 05:57:05 pm by tonyk2 »

Offline Agent86

• View Profile
bump.  I think this would also have a positive effect on the peg.

Offline theoretical

BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline Agent86

• View Profile
I just want to suggest an option when placing a standard sell order... you still enter your price and quantity as usual but you could have an optional check box that says don't sell below exchange rate (median feed).  So the price you enter then becomes the minimum BTSX you will accept for your bitUSD but you will get matched at the feed price ahead of all shorts and compete with them directly.  Priority should be first in first out.  This is more convenient than losing the spread by selling into whatever bid wall exists or having to carefully place your order just below feed price, only downside is you may have to wait a little for a buyer, but you will eventually move to the front of the line as other sell orders are matched and before any shorts execute.