Author Topic: Issues 0.4.19 / 20  (Read 2143 times)

Offline roselee

• View Profile
For starters use 0.4.20 as 0.4.19 had a crash in the network code.

Worst case... blockchain will not sync or it will report wrong data but you will not lose funds (your wallet is backed up right?)
hi there i updated to 0.4.20 and my wallet wont show my balances or transactions i got the messages too that ask me do i want to update database
it wont sync or get network conections what can i do ?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Had this problem earlier. Just want to bring it to attention if it's been missed. I'm not sure if it's important or not.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9645.msg125331#msg125331

Offline bytemaster

It doesn't bother me much. Just to let you know: The issue with the messages counting up at the right top is still there with 0.4.20. 1200 messages right now. At some point 10 pop up windows opened which asked by whether I want to update to 0.4.20-e or so, I said yes with one window which should have updated it.

Also I made two small transaction and it it's pending since then (10 minutes ago or so). listtransactions also says they are pending.

"getinfo" returns: average_delegate_participation: 37% and network_num_connections: 9.

If there is a way I can make this feedback more productive let me know!

Most of the team is traveling so please be patient.   

It looks like you are on a fork. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
It doesn't bother me much. Just to let you know: The issue with the messages counting up at the right top is still there with 0.4.20. 1200 messages right now. At some point 10 pop up windows opened which asked by whether I want to update to 0.4.20-e or so, I said yes with one window which should have updated it.

Also I made two small transaction and it it's pending since then (10 minutes ago or so). listtransactions also says they are pending.

"getinfo" returns: average_delegate_participation: 37% and network_num_connections: 9.

If there is a way I can make this feedback more productive let me know!

« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:55:11 pm by delulo »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Worst case... blockchain will not sync or it will report wrong data but you will not lose funds (your wallet is backed up right?)

Thanks for the quick reply!
Yes it is backed up!
I will try to update to .20 and compile newly if that doesn't work.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
System: Ubuntu 14.04, BTSX version 0.4.19. I compiled the BTSX client newly with this https://github.com/dacsunlimited/bitsharesx/blob/master/BUILD_UBUNTU.md

1) I get asked a lot whether I want to reset the database after starting the client (not always but very often). I normally do reset it which downloads the complete blockchain then. This time I didn't do it because I was annoyed by it. What's wrong there? Worst case: Do my funds or my computer go up in flames if I dont reset it?

2) When I start the BTSX client I get messages (right top): Its says 397 (and counting) messages but I can only see one. It says "JSON Parse  error:Property name must be a string literal [show details]. "Show details" is a link but nothing happens when I click on it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 09:54:44 pm by delulo »