Author Topic: Angry (and slightly confused) guy endorses dollars on blockchain  (Read 3742 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I liked one of Bill Gates' statements the other day, when he was asked about Bitcoin. He said it's helped us understand how cheap money can be. And if that's the case, when you subtract all the mining junk, then BTSX and BitUSD can be even cheaper. And faster.

Offline bytemaster

Ripple is nothing without BitStamp and other gateways like it.  It can contain no value itself.

BTSX is nothing without BTER at the moment. Why make such statements? It undermines the work Ripple has done. There is some good stuff in their designs. The Smart Oracles specifically has quite a lot of potential. There are things that could be learned from them.

I am not saying that banking partners are not needed by both systems, I am talking about where the *value* is stored.  BTER can go away and the value of everyones assets and BitUSD is safe... someone else can replace the service BTER provides.   

If BitStamp goes down... BitStampUSD is worthless on the Ripple network.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Ripple is nothing without BitStamp and other gateways like it.  It can contain no value itself.

BTSX is nothing without BTER at the moment. Why make such statements? It undermines the work Ripple has done. There is some good stuff in their designs. The Smart Oracles specifically has quite a lot of potential. There are things that could be learned from them.

Offline bytemaster

Yes... Ripple is closer to our competitor... but even then it isn't.  Ripple is a gateway to banks...a standardized API for talking to all banks. 

BitStamp is on Ripple and has BitStampUSD
You could setup a market for BitStampUSD to ServiceBitUSD and then allow ServiceBitUSD to be redeemable.

BitStamp could also simply have a market for BitStampBitUSD : BitStampUSD directly....

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 03:08:38 pm by delulo »