Author Topic: Help importing electrum wallet to KEY ID **RESOLVED**  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I was able to get the format with the help of davidpbrown

Here is the process.

1. open electrum select wallet, then private keys  followed by export
2. open the file you just created and locate your donation address beside your address you have your private key. Select it and copy it
3. open key id and select console
4. the format is wallet_import_private_key "private key copied here with no qoutes" "key id account name with no qoutes"
5. hit enter and enjoy you DNS

Excellent! This worked! Thank you!
no problem any credit should go to davidpbrown  he was the one that helped me through pm that allowed me to post the simple instructions to help other's.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile

Here is the process.

2. open the file you just created and locate your donation address beside your address you have your private key. Select it and copy it
4. the format is wallet_import_private_key "private key copied here with no qoutes" "key id account name with no qoutes"

Excellent! This worked! Thank you!

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Here is the process.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I am shocked that we didn't implement the "sign message with my private key". Toast can you chime in if/when that would be available?
Code: [Select]
(wallet closed) >>> help wallet_sign_hash
Usage:
wallet_sign_hash <signing_account> <hash>                                                             Signs the provided message digest with the account key
Signs the provided message digest with the account key

Parameters:
  signing_account (string, required): Name of the account to sign the message with
  hash (sha256, required): SHA256 digest of the message to sign

Returns:
  compact_signature

All you need to do is put the HASH of you message there .. done
check signature with blockchain_verify_signature

nice example given by drltc:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9444.msg122682#msg122682

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
hopefully when the guys get back from the conference we can get some help, right now is a busy time for them

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I am shocked that we didn't implement the "sign message with my private key". Toast can you chime in if/when that would be available?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Did you try exporting your key to a text file, should be called a csv file?

once you have the csv file it should just be a matter of formatting for the wallet command.

Here is the command and format I am trying

wallet_import_electrum G:/electrum-private-keys.csv "password" "account name in keyid"

Yep,

I tried every type of variation of the command I think. From including quotations around password to not including them, to no quotations, to quotations only around the password, only around the account name etc etc etc. Still getting the 4 parse issue. I know I'm doing something wrong.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Did you try exporting your key to a text file, should be called a csv file?

once you have the csv file it should just be a matter of formatting for the wallet command.

Here is the command and format I am trying

wallet_import_electrum G:/electrum-private-keys.csv "password" "account name in keyid"
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:51:23 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
I also used electrum for my ags donation.

I exported my private keys and opened gui selected electrum and put the path of the private key from my ags donation in and I get
 "Parse Error (4) failed to parse electrum wallet error importing bitcoin wallet G:/ELECTR~1.CSV"

I am trying to do it from the console like you have tried but I also have a questions about the format.

One thing for you. You have to open you electrum wallet and export your private keys it should export to a .cvs file type. You then point the client to the .cvs file type. That much I know for sure.
I still don't understand the format of how it should be typed into the client though.

Thanks Gentso. I have the parse issue as well. Have tried many different things but still nothing. Hopefully someone can help us out.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
I also used electrum for my ags donation.

I exported my private keys and opened gui selected electrum and put the path of the private key from my ags donation in and I get
 "Parse Error (4) failed to parse electrum wallet error importing bitcoin wallet G:/ELECTR~1.CSV"

I am trying to do it from the console like you have tried but I also have a questions about the format.

One thing for you. You have to open you electrum wallet and export your private keys it should export to a .cvs file type. You then point the client to the .cvs file type. That much I know for sure.
I still don't understand the format of how it should be typed into the client though.

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
bumpity bump bump??? Anyone do this yet?

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
Having trouble with importing the wallet with this command line in windows 7:

wallet_import_electrum Users/XXXXX/AppData/Roaming/Electrum/wallets/XXXXXXX.dat "password" username

is my formatting incorrect?

Getting this message...

4 parse_error_exception: Parse Error
failed to parse electrum wallet
    {}
    bitshares  electrum.cpp:233 bts::bitcoin::electrumwallet::electrumwallet

{}
    bitshares  electrum.cpp:273 bts::bitcoin::import_electrum_wallet
error importing bitcoin wallet Users/XXXXX/AppData/Roaming/Electrum/wallets/XXXXXXX.dat
    {"wallet_dat":"Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/Electrum/wallets/XXXXXXXX.dat","account_name":"username"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:5560 bts::wallet::wallet::import_electrum_wallet

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:755 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_import_electrum

{"command":"wallet_import_electrum"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:556 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:51:31 pm by feedthemcake »