Author Topic: Russia Proposes Monetary Penalties for Bitcoin Use and Promotion  (Read 1352 times)

Offline serejandmyself

• View Profile
To clarify the issue
1 - It hasnt been passed yet
2 - Its better then what it was at the beggining. At first they were saying crypto is going to be equal to supporting terrorism, so even WHEN they pass the laws, they will slowly downgrade them as always
3 - HOW can you proove that someone was using crypto? Do me a favour, no one will spend money on doing so.... its just goin gto be another "tabla draw" law, which is going to be passed and put away for better times.
4 - BTSX is not emmised its remissed - nothing states remission is not allowed in the law
5 - In reality any law on earth is passed in order for there to be an "anti law" for it. In the sence of that anyone can just open a bank account abroad and transfer USD into the country and then convert it into RUB. Where does crypto come into this chain ?Well you tell me....
btsx - bitsharesrussia

Offline feedthemcake

• View Profile
This sucks:

http://www.coindesk.com/russia-proposes-fines-bitcoin/

The two-page draft bill details a series of administrative fines to be imposed on both businesses and private citizens who issue, create or deliberately disseminate information about the release or operation of digital currencies, the language implying that the law would apply to much of the bitcoin industry, from bitcoin users to miners and service providers.

I wonder if in our case we could work around this law by explaining that its a crypto-equity, not a currency.

What is Russia so afraid of anyway? They are effectively banning anyone from programming a certain type of software. Talk about free speech.

Streisand effect.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Im sure it will be lifted.. maybe they are pulling a China so they can buy cheap coins.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
This sucks:

http://www.coindesk.com/russia-proposes-fines-bitcoin/

The two-page draft bill details a series of administrative fines to be imposed on both businesses and private citizens who issue, create or deliberately disseminate information about the release or operation of digital currencies, the language implying that the law would apply to much of the bitcoin industry, from bitcoin users to miners and service providers.

I wonder if in our case we could work around this law by explaining that its a crypto-equity, not a currency.

What is Russia so afraid of anyway? They are effectively banning anyone from programming a certain type of software. Talk about free speech.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 10:49:45 pm by trader »