Author Topic: interest on bitUSD held  (Read 3892 times)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
bitUSD is not destroyed. Collected field goes into yield pool which interest is drawn from.

After this post, rivaled by only by MY spelling ability, let's shed some light on the issue.

In general bitUSDs collected by the system as fees, go into a 'fund'. From this fund the yield/interest is paid.
Depending on which market engine we are talking about (v1,v2, or upcoming v.3) different fees go into the yield fund.

[PS] And as toast explained, if anything is burned it is not bitAssets (bitUSD), but only BTSX.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2014, 02:49:26 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
bitUSD is not destroyed. Collected field goes into yield pool which interest is drawn from.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
So I am confused.   If bitusd's are destroyed by delegates, then how can the person who pledged 200% capital in btsx to create butUSD's buy all of their bitUSD's back to release their capital?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Can someone please help me understand how holders of bitUSD earn interest?  Is it because bitUSD transactions have fees and those fees are paid in bitUSD and a portion of those fees are burned?  Or is it another way?

Short answer is yes, bitUSD transaction fees are flowed through to bitUSD holders as yield.

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
i would like clarification on this as well pls  :)

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Can someone please help me understand how holders of bitUSD earn interest?  Is it because bitUSD transactions have fees and those fees are paid in bitUSD and a portion of those fees are burned?  Or is it another way?
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101