Author Topic: We need a way to up/down vote posts  (Read 7751 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I find it difficult to keep track of everything in the forum too.
System with topic importance is much needed.
What is the status of this?
Does someone know whether it is possible to implement such an up/down-vote feature with he current forum?

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
I find it difficult to keep track of everything in the forum too.
System with topic importance is much needed.
What is the status of this?

Offline testz

I don't browse via subforums because there's too many and I'm interested in most of them.
I was using this page to keep up,
but it's been filling up quickly as of late!

Perhaps a simple 5-star rating system like this forum uses would make it easier for a user to catch up on what they missed?

Same here, "show unread posts since last visit" is easiest for me.

Same.

Offline fuzzy

The idea is (having no clue how this would be possible): In order to increase / keep up the quality of the discussion here on the forum it would help a lot if posts and threads could be up- and downvoted. This would also make it easier for I3 devs to read the most important posts.
Like reddit but with the current forum content structure and all the other forum features.

Another idea would be to to be able to tag threads and posts so that Brian can look for all tags "marketing".

Can we add on the need for a way to do tipping via bitAssets on the forums?

Tipping would be a more socially based means by which we would find people who are tipped have a higher likelihood of continuing to participate. 

You could use a variable like "total tips per post/user" as a means by which to sort the most community tipped (and likely valuable) posts...
This can be ga,ed, of course...potentially.  evem if you need a unique Wallet identity to sign in under.

It would also be able to carry a small % fee that goes back to development, bounties, task force or rewards like CLains is doing...which would make it so even those trying to game the system are doing more good than bad...because they are paying real money and supporting bitUSD to do it!

« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 11:03:08 pm by theFu.. »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I don't browse via subforums because there's too many and I'm interested in most of them.

Perhaps a simple 5-star rating system like this forum uses would make it easier for a user to catch up on what they missed?

It works pretty well.  The popular posts get enough bumps that they show up there, but it isn't fool proof and can be gamed etc.  Then if you are an active poster you can click on New Replies To Your Posts when you're more busy.

edit - At some point someone suggested a "attend to" thread that was maintained for devs.  That is always an option if they express being overwhelmed.

This works best for me  'View the most recent posts on the forum' https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?action=recent

Increasing the number from 100 to like 500-1000 is kind of a good idea, getting even better by the day... should be as easy as changing one variable....
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

It works pretty well.  The popular posts get enough bumps that they show up there, but it isn't fool proof and can be gamed etc.  Then if you are an active poster you can click on New Replies To Your Posts when you're more busy.

edit - At some point someone suggested a "attend to" thread that was maintained for devs.  That is always an option if they express being overwhelmed.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline GaltReport

Offline roadscape

I was using this page to keep up, but it's been filling up quickly as of late!

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I believe that is something of a forum 2.0 feature.  You basically can go look at Simple Machines Forum site and see if there are maintained plug-ins. 

There is a certain problem with noise that will get worse as this forum grows.  Especially when you have low content posters who are still learning and going over real basic stuff.  I don't know where I stand because it allows control by the mob mentality.  Look at us trying to get posts on reddit. 

Really though people who want to participate can.  Brian can read marketing subforum every other day.  The better threads get enough chatter that the devs who read the forum will see them.  I do have this perception of not being able to keep up with everything.... just not sure where it comes from.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
The idea is (having no clue how this would be possible): In order to increase / keep up the quality of the discussion here on the forum it would help a lot if posts and threads could be up- and downvoted. This would also make it easier for I3 devs to read the most important posts.
Like reddit but with the current forum content structure and all the other forum features.

Another idea would be to to be able to tag threads and posts so that Brian can look for all tags "marketing".
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 09:43:14 am by delulo »