Author Topic: Tradingbots - Infos available?  (Read 3751 times)

Offline Riverhead

Would be good to get a wiki page of the different bots people are providing same as with price feed scripts as I mentioned here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9698.msg128684#msg128684

That's a good idea. I'll see what I can do when I get some time. Family visiting this weekend...

Offline vikram

Would be good to get a wiki page of the different bots people are providing same as with price feed scripts as I mentioned here: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=9698.msg128684#msg128684

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
tx riverhead

enjoy vegas :D

Offline Riverhead

Right now they are pretty basic and shouldn't be used blindly without reviewing the logic. There are some small bugs in the code that you'd need to fix to run multiple bots but nothing major ( for example the logic at the end of main.py needs to be tweaked so that it doesn't always trigger the exception).

One core method that needs to be working in the BTSX.py class is get_highest bid(quote, base).

Also currently all the feeds reference usd/BTSX. Some work needs to be done to make them more quote agnostic.

I have a lot of time to kill here in Vegas so I'm hoping to get these items done while here. They will not be checked into the regular BitShares repository until I make a pull request and toast is able to merge my changes.

I will post a link to my GitHub for anyone who's interested when I implement the changes.

Also as a disclaimer I'm not doing this in any official capacity for Bitshares. It is just something I felt would be fun to work on.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:55:27 pm by Riverhead »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
For a couple of days we were talking about tradingbots. Is there any progress to use them without knowledge in everthing :D ?

ok, what knowledge do i need to acquire to use them.