Author Topic: Bitshares Music Presale begins in 2 hours  (Read 11004 times)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
If my calculations are correct, this pre-sale should tank the price of PTS... just sold everything.

1 PTS = 255.993374 Notes
$1 worth of PTS = 71.307346 Notes

Therefore, each day between now and the snapshot, there needs to be over $70k in BTC donations to justify holding PTS rather than selling it for BTC and purchasing via presale.

5,000,000 Notes / $70,126.2272 = 71.3

Someone tell me I'm wrong?

no you are not, but the PTS snapshot will and in 4 days.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
Why not also take a snapshot of say bitcoin and give them 5% of the notes - it'd be like buying your customers by enticing them with a small amount of coins.. enough to get them to learn how bitshares works.

I love the idea, but you would need to be careful, they dont just liquidate and crash the price.  Not sure how to protect against that.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
If my calculations are correct, this pre-sale should tank the price of PTS... just sold everything.

1 PTS = 255.993374 Notes
Current price of PTS: 0.01176360 BTC
Current price of BTC: $300
$1 worth of PTS = 71.307346 Notes

Therefore, each day between now and the snapshot, there needs to be over $70k in BTC donations to justify holding PTS rather than selling it for BTC and purchasing via presale.

5,000,000 Notes / $70,126.2272 = 71.3

Someone tell me I'm wrong?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 05:16:10 am by fluxer555 »

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
The people that sent btc before the official start will be counted in the first pool. No need to panic (:
support btsx /bitusd?
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline Cryptofreakoutlaw31

• View Profile
I think it's better if @cob adds a warning message, say "Do not sent BTC from exchanges or web wallet which does not support private key export (e.g. Coinbase)" This will reduce a lot of confuse and drudgery work.

I do have a Coinbase online wallet but I also have a blockchain.info online wallet as well as a personal software bitcoin wallet.  I did not use any BTC from my personal bitcoin wallet on my computer because I am using that wallet to save up BTC that I earn from the bitcoin faucets on the intetnet, however, I had some BTC from my Blockchain online wallet and I sent some BTC from that wallet to the NOTES presale BTC address from my Blockchain.info online bitcoin wallet.  It was not much.  Only 10,000 satoshi. 

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Yup anyone could release a StealAGSCoin DAC. :)

Offline fuzzy

We should absolutely demand that new DACs do NOT require our private keys, but instead require a signature.

That solves the problem of "sent from Coinbase" as well. Duh!

Just have genesis claim it based on signature. Sign "Notes" with the private key for the key in the genesis block.

It also solves a lot of the problems that keep me from actually accessing my shares.  I don't have a high enough risk tolerance to do otherwise.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
We should absolutely demand that new DACs do NOT require our private keys, but instead require a signature.

That solves the problem of "sent from Coinbase" as well. Duh!

Just have genesis claim it based on signature. Sign "Notes" with the private key for the key in the genesis block.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
check out FAQ ;)

it is mentioned there …

Make sure you send your bitcoins from your own personal wallet which you control the private key. If you send from an exchange’s wallet, at launch, the issuer of Notes will think the exchange bought Notes, not you. Make sure you keep your wallet secure and well backed up too! Do not lose your wallet or you will lose your Notes. This is a blockchain, there are no central authorities to go to to retrieve lost funds.

plus coinbase (ppl often ignore faqs. That's why I ask to put warnings on the main page)
+5% If I didn't read this I would have never known

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
What if someone sends from a multisig address? Will those work? (Not that I'm planning on doing anything like that just curious)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
The people that sent btc before the official start will be counted in the first pool. No need to panic (:

He may need address substitution because he sent fund from exchange :(
Or alternatively, you can send back it to his address (I will tell you via pm) and he will send again.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline cob

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
check out FAQ ;)

it is mentioned there …

Make sure you send your bitcoins from your own personal wallet which you control the private key. If you send from an exchange’s wallet, at launch, the issuer of Notes will think the exchange bought Notes, not you. Make sure you keep your wallet secure and well backed up too! Do not lose your wallet or you will lose your Notes. This is a blockchain, there are no central authorities to go to to retrieve lost funds.

plus coinbase (ppl often ignore faqs. That's why I ask to put warnings on the main page)
delegate-clayop

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
OMG... a person in Korean community already sent some btc to the presale address. Can he get refunded? If so, I will let you(cob) know his address. (because he sent from an exchange)
delegate-clayop

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
check out FAQ ;)

it is mentioned there …

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█