Author Topic: I'll send 6800 DNS to anyone who would help me  (Read 2538 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
How do I sign a message using my Coinbase BTC private address? I'll send the fund if the problem is resolved for sure.
Thanks!

Try the steps detailed in the attached screenshots.  Once you reach Step 6, you will get a 'Signature' - a string of scrambled text.  Send this signature, your coinbase BTC public  address and typed message (containing the new BTC address in clear text) to toast.

Edit: Type in the message your new BTC address which you can create in a locally installed BTC wallet. I believe toast would need to do an address substitution for you.

Cheers!  :)

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:19:36 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Midas

• View Profile
contact coinbase ,they can get the shares and send to you.

I have contacted Coinbase. They are not helping..

I think the best way is to ask Coinbase for your BTC private address.  The devs would not be able to help you because they cannot prove that you are indeed the holder of the address.  Unless, you can sign a message using your Coinbase BTC private address (to prove you own the BTC address).

If the above helps you, please donate your fund to ID: bitcube.  Delegate bitcube is helping with a promotion program for Get Free KeyID at Please vote for delegate bitcube. 

Cheers!   :)

How do I sign a message using my Coinbase BTC private address? I'll send the fund if the problem is resolved for sure.
Thanks!

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube

I think the best way is to ask Coinbase for your BTC private address.  The devs would not be able to help you because they cannot prove that you are indeed the holder of the address.  Unless, you can sign a message using your Coinbase BTC private address (to prove you own the BTC address).

If the above helps you, please donate your fund to ID: bitcube.  Delegate bitcube is helping with a promotion program for Get Free KeyID at http://bit.cubeconnex.com:5555.  Please vote for delegate bitcube. 

Cheers!   :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
why not post in the original thread?

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.15

some devs could maybe answer the problem.

Offline Midas

• View Profile

Offline Midas

• View Profile
...then just export the private keys from the new address you provided (which is not a coinbase adr) in that thread and import them in the BTSX wallet. That works.

if you have done the substitution, the coinbase address won't give you any funds, only the address yo uprovided newly.

It does not work. My coinbase address still holds AGS.

Offline jojomaster

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
...then just export the private keys from the new address you provided (which is not a coinbase adr) in that thread and import them in the BTSX wallet. That works.

if you have done the substitution, the coinbase address won't give you any funds, only the address yo uprovided newly.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 07:51:02 am by delulo »

Offline Midas

• View Profile
I donated my BTC to AGS on April 21 from Coinbase account. And I realized I couldn't use Coinbase so I posted my address, message, signature on the forum as dev requested. (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4748.0)

And I don't know how things worked out..
Where and how can I get my shares??