Author Topic: How to ensure we elect high quality delegates  (Read 1796 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is somewhat related to what you're doing but not totally: we need a tab built into the BTS client itself that allows a delegate to briefly explain his "value proposition". So for example, I'm launching a delegate for marketing and would like non-forum members to be able to read about how I plan to increase share value from within the client itself.
Agreed. It could be possible to add this kind of info the the public data field associated with an account, but I'm not sure how much text we can actually store there.

You can BTW add a website address to the blockchain account data, use public_data.guidata.website or public_data.website, bitsharesblocks will pick that up and display it.
Maybe we should come up with some kind of syntax for the data field .. not that we only have a "website" key .. but we could also have some more sophisticated keys (pgp, icq, mail, phone, but also, description, funding, purpose, ...)

Offline svk

This is somewhat related to what you're doing but not totally: we need a tab built into the BTS client itself that allows a delegate to briefly explain his "value proposition". So for example, I'm launching a delegate for marketing and would like non-forum members to be able to read about how I plan to increase share value from within the client itself.
Agreed. It could be possible to add this kind of info the the public data field associated with an account, but I'm not sure how much text we can actually store there.

You can BTW add a website address to the blockchain account data, use public_data.guidata.website or public_data.website, bitsharesblocks will pick that up and display it.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Sounds useful, but beyond the quantitative data won't it also be necessary to consider inflation proposals, reputation, principles and other contributions going forward? Would be good to link to that.

Trying to use my vote more wisely in the last day or so, its difficult to find a specific delegate name in the DAC Delegates sub-forum, because its ordered by last post, and in the client, because its ordered by approval. I'd like to be able to switch to an alphabetical listing of delegates with full profiles, reputations, proposals, etc, and also to be able to link to that when I click a delegate name in the client.

I can understand why users who are not personally familiar with the delegates are more likely to opt for the default. Its not necessarily apathy, its time. Anything to streamline this would be a bonus for participation I think.

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
slightly off-topic: I started writing a "Best Practice" guide to collect some "rules" for voting ..
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10735.0

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Also allow filtering by:

Ratings (once this exists)
Pay rate
Transparency (a measure for this could be that the delegate has publicly disclosed his/her real name identity)
Country/Location

Those are a few ideas. I would include Country for a few reasons: (1) It's good to fund development and marketing, and help create success stories, in various parts of the world. (2) It is possible that regulators in certain countries may not understand this well and may go after a few delegates. (3) Or, who knows, there could be some natural disaster that cripples the infrastructure in one place. So I'd rather not have all my eggs in a few baskets. If I notice that 10 out of 101 delegates are in Norway, for example, and that this pace is well ahead of what seems to be the user growth there, I may prefer to diversify and not vote for more Norway delegates for the time being. If there are no delegates in South Africa and someone proposes to start one, it would be worth voting for the right candidate to make this happen and hopefully spread the BTS story there.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
Sounds useful, but beyond the quantitative data won't it also be necessary to consider inflation proposals, reputation, principles and other contributions going forward? Would be good to link to that.

Trying to use my vote more wisely in the last day or so, its difficult to find a specific delegate name in the DAC Delegates sub-forum, because its ordered by last post, and in the client, because its ordered by approval. I'd like to be able to switch to an alphabetical listing of delegates with full profiles, reputations, proposals, etc, and also to be able to link to that when I click a delegate name in the client.

I can understand why users who are not personally familiar with the delegates are more likely to opt for the default. Its not necessarily apathy, its time. Anything to streamline this would be a bonus for participation I think.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Good idea.
Price feeds is one I would like.

pollux

I'm planning to build a way for BTS shareholders to build a personalized list of delegates to vote for based on who they are and what they're doing.

Can you help me brainstorm data you would like to be able to filter delegates by?