Author Topic: Video of Dan's LV Keynote  (Read 10348 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
Can't wait to see the keynote video!

Offline theoretical

Is the high-quality video posted somewhere yet?
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Great seeing pics from the event! Thanks for posting these up, Tony. Shame we never got to talk bots. My boss works out of the office in your city though...

yea.. enjoy seeing the pics. Can't wait for the videos.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Riverhead

Great seeing pics from the event! Thanks for posting these up, Tony. Shame we never got to talk bots. My boss works out of the office in your city though...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Before the speech

After Daniel Larimer - Keynote - 'A lot of people Describing BitsharesX  and  bitUSD in 60 seconds.'

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
before the bar crawl

Besides you probably just sat around drank good beer, ate well and talked about that nerdy crypto stuff :'(
The beer was just OK. Dat crypto[guys] doe....
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:57:50 am by tonyk »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
before the bar crawl

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Come on tell us who's who!

I do not know... All I know is - I do not see the faces of vikram, Eddie (from the music DAC), emski, Empirical1.1 or myself on the above pictures.

[disclosures]
1. I do not claim any or all of the above people have been there.
2. I do not claim  some/all  of the above people are on the pictures but facing backwards.
3. I do not claim that I have been there to know who is on the pictures.
4. I do not claim that I am telling the truth in points 1 to 3 or the original statement.

Offline Mysto

• View Profile
Come on tell us who's who!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Forum Heroes you know and love...

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
This week we had a very rare lunar eclipse.
An even more rare event is me saying something profound in public.
I have no idea what it might have been.
So imagine the most profound thing you can imagine hearing.
Yeah, it was like that.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
... unless I3 has said they don't want unofficial versions out.
That's what they said .. asked for

This is simply because we are merging in the slides and audio with video of the talk so people can see and hear the whole thing clearly.
This takes editing time.
If the raw audio is published ahead of this, many people won't come back to see the polished video.
(Who has two hours to listen to it twice?)

Brian is more eager to release this than you are to hear it, so he will make sure everyone knows the instant its available.

Watch facebook for other material, clips, previews, outtakes, etc.
https://www.facebook.com/officialbitshares

Awesome! I had not seen the stuff on Facebook yet. It seems like Dan didn't hold back just because he was speaking at a Bitcoin conference. The Bitcoin community needs more people willing to speak out about it not being perfect. There is far too many rainbows and butterflys for my liking. This is part of the reason that has driven me to support Alt coins, Bitcoin doesn't seem willing or eager to fix its problems. By spending 5 minutes reading around on the Bitcoin forums the general attitude is that it is perfect. They need to wake up and focus on fixing Bitcoin's shortcomings and improving upon it, or it will not be "king" forever like most take for granted via the "too big to fail" mantra.

Although I still try to change people's minds from time to time, it can get very tiresome to have to repeat yourself over and over to each person that has been brainwashed by the group-think that goes on over there. Bitshares' DACs features and improvements speak for themselves compared to Bitcoin, there is no need for brainwashing. I like how in one of the clips Dan mentions that Bitcoin needs to adapt or you just need to sell Bitcoin and move on- It's very true. I think Bitcoin will still be the coin to beat in a year or two due to its infrastructure and network effect, but if it continues down the same path it is certainly doomed to fail, it is a matter of when not if.

Also, Dan is probably one of the few people that can get away with such a speech at a Bitcoin conference with his calm demeanor and thoughtful statements. :)

Not a single rotten tomato was thrown from the audience.
Instead, the whole team was swarmed with well-wishers who skipped lunch to ask more questions.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:34:48 pm by Stan »

Offline Riverhead

Besides you probably just sat around drank good beer, ate well and talked about that nerdy crypto stuff :'(

The beer was just OK. Dat crypto doe....

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Meanwhile, the BitSharesTalk Support, Rapid Response, and Vegas Reconnaissance Team was there in force.
We couldn't fit them all in one picture, but it took two whole rows this long when they all got there for the start of Dan's speech.

Since they were all inexplicably willing to appear in public with us I'm including this photo.  We'll leave it to them to identify themselves, or not.  You already know most of them well from their prolific contributions.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:48:35 pm by Stan »

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile

This is simply because we are merging in the slides and audio with video of the talk so people can see and hear the whole thing clearly.
This takes editing time.
If the raw audio is published ahead of this, many people won't come back to see the polished video.

Brian is more eager to release this than you are to hear it, so he will make sure everyone knows the instant its available.

Awesome! I had not seen the stuff on Facebook yet. It seems like Dan didn't hold back just because he was speaking at a Bitcoin conference. The Bitcoin community needs more people willing to speak out about it not being perfect. There is far too many rainbows and butterflys for my liking. This is part of the reason that has driven me to support Alt coins, Bitcoin doesn't seem willing or eager to fix its problems. By spending 5 minutes reading around on the Bitcoin forums the general attitude is that it is perfect. They need to wake up and focus on fixing Bitcoin's shortcomings and improving upon it, or it will not be "king" forever like most take for granted via the "too big to fail" mantra.

Although I still try to change people's minds from time to time, it can get very tiresome to have to repeat yourself over and over to each person that has been brainwashed by the group-think that goes on over there. Bitshares' DACs features and improvements speak for themselves compared to Bitcoin, there is no need for brainwashing. I like how in one of the clips Dan mentions that Bitcoin needs to adapt or you just need to sell Bitcoin and move on- It's very true. I think Bitcoin will still be the coin to beat in a year or two due to its infrastructure and network effect, but if it continues down the same path it is certainly doomed to fail, it is a matter of when not if.

Also, Dan is probably one of the few people that can get away with such a speech at a Bitcoin conference with his calm demeanor and thoughtful statements. :)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:39:08 pm by CoinHoarder »
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Most conferences are *not* recorded, here's the portable device we use to both capture interviews and to plug directly into the speaker amplication system via XLR to capture the *best* audio possible of conference talks

http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-Handy-Portable-Digital-Recorder/dp/B001QWBM62
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
It's not a bootleg! It's just shitty quality. As far as I know there was no restrictions about recording. Or maybe they saw I was using a cellphone and didn't care.

:D I meant it in jest. It was great you even took the time.

I know man :) . Post came off more serious than expected. See, if you had made it to Vegas you would know my personality. Anyway, the only reason I didn't post it is because toast mentioned that Greg used a good quality camera/mic and they are merging slides. Like Stan said I also think no one is going to come back to watch/hear the high quality version if they feel they got the gist from mine.

I tend to agree with Stan and do not wish to sabotage the efforts of Brian et al.
I figured that's how you meant it but I didn't want to have a tonyk (j/k I think you great). My wife had to listen to me whine for days because I wasn't able to go. I think I am wearing her down for the next event......just need a bump up in btsx price so I can say "Honey but I have to go to protect our investment"  Besides you probably just sat around drank good beer, ate well and talked about that nerdy crypto stuff :'(

Offline Riverhead

Why don't you post it temporary J, till the official/high quality comes out? Obviously a lot of people are interested to hear it.

I tried to listen to it but the audio was so bad that I just turned it off and decided to wait for hte good version.

We definitely should not publish the low quality version. :D
I'll mark it private in a bit. I wish it came out better but eh it didn't lol. Phone had some feature turned on to focus the Mic where the camera was pointing. Doesn't work for shit.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Why don't you post it temporary J, till the official/high quality comes out? Obviously a lot of people are interested to hear it.

I tried to listen to it but the audio was so bad that I just turned it off and decided to wait for hte good version.

We definitely should not publish the low quality version. :D
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

It's not a bootleg! It's just shitty quality. As far as I know there was no restrictions about recording. Or maybe they saw I was using a cellphone and didn't care.

I know man :) . Post came off more serious than expected. See, if you had made it to Vegas you would know my personality. Anyway, the only reason I didn't post it is because toast mentioned that Greg used a good quality camera/mic and they are merging slides. Like Stan said I also think no one is going to come back to watch/hear the high quality version if they feel they got the gist from mine.

I tend to agree with Stan and do not wish to sabotage the efforts of Brian et al.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
Hopefully much less than two weeks.   :)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

This takes editing time.

Alright I'll put it on the backburner, you think two weeks?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

This takes editing time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline cryptillionaire

• View Profile
Hey,

Can someone pm me the link please?

Cheers :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Agreed, if you've got a video on youtube you should post it unless I3 has said they don't want unofficial versions out.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline CoinHoarder

• In Cryptocoins I Trust
    • View Profile
I don't think any of us care about the quality much, we just want to hear it. :)
https://www.decentralized.tech/ -> Market Data, Portfolios, Information, Links, Reviews, Forums, Blogs, Etc.
https://www.cryptohun.ch/ -> Tradable Blockchain Asset PvP Card Game

Offline svk

Has Greg still not uploaded his video yet ? ::)

Seriously? I am glad I listened to riverheads bootleg I never would have imagined it would take this long

Can you PM me his bootleg too ? I asked for it but maybe he's not reading his messages or something...

Sorry trader, I got a lot of PM's and I thought I replied to them all. I'll send it now.
Can you pm me the link as well pls? Would love to check it out
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Riverhead

Seriously? I am glad I listened to riverheads bootleg I never would have imagined it would take this long

Can you PM me his bootleg too ? I asked for it but maybe he's not reading his messages or something...

Sorry trader, I got a lot of PM's and I thought I replied to them all. I'll send it now.

Offline Riverhead

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I have the direct feed audio of Daniels talk but it's not processed yet and is a ways back in my content backlog, will be out on LTB in a week or two.

Strike that, just gave it a brief listen and it is NOT direct feed, audio is from the crowd although it's not terrible.

We had a microphone on-podium if you'd rather use that...

It depends on how good the microphone is (our mic in the audience is a good one) but If you want to email me a dropbox link I'd happily give it a listen, my priority is best-quality possible.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
I have the direct feed audio of Daniels talk but it's not processed yet and is a ways back in my content backlog, will be out on LTB in a week or two.

Strike that, just gave it a brief listen and it is NOT direct feed, audio is from the crowd although it's not terrible.

We had a microphone on-podium if you'd rather use that...

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile

Thank you for the update.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline CalabiYau

Thank you anyway.

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Riverhead

I have it up on YouTube but the audio came out really poor. It's understandable but not what I was hoping for. PM me for the link or wait for the much higher quality version from Greg. I don't mind sharing it but the public link should be Greg's.

I only ask that you don't post it publicly so that the only video in public circulation is Greg's.

Offline emailtooaj

I have the speech and the Q&A recorded. It's 3.2GB so it'll take a while to get it up on YouTube. I'll update this post with a link when it's ready. It was great!

+5% +5%
You're always on top of things!! Can't wait to see the speech!
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline Riverhead

Greg was recording with a nice camera.
We should wait until someone can superimpose the plans imo

Especially if they have access to the originals. The lighting was horrible for seeing the screens.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Greg was recording with a nice camera.
We should wait until someone can superimpose the plans imo

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
+5% Riverhead for president!

Offline Riverhead

I only had my cell phone to shoot it. I think others were recording with better hardware. It's 720p but probably not the best quality.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Hell yeah!

Thank you so much!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline mint chocolate chip

Nice work Riverhead, your efforts are much appreciated.

Offline Riverhead

I have the speech and the Q&A recorded. It's 3.2GB so it'll take a while to get it up on YouTube. I'll update this post with a link when it's ready. It was great!