Author Topic: Bitshares Tranz  (Read 3517 times)

Offline thazel72

• View Profile
Today I had an interview with a freight company that does $500 million in revenue each year, and they are growing at a very rapid pace. They are the leading TMS in the industry, and they were looking for a product manger to help build better tools. Somehow we got on the topic of cryptocurrencies and the recent announcement about Overstock issuing stock on the blockchain. One of the questions that he asked me is how they could create a currency that is used by the transportation industry. The transportation industry in America is fairly antiquated, and fees for Comchecks and transfers are extremely high. So I talked to them about the Bitshares community and all the great things that have been created by the developers. Below is what I told him would probably be the best idea for creating a stable currency that could be used as a means of exchange in the industry. If what I am saying is off base, please tell me how you would achieve the goal of stable currency that could be implemented in the industry.

Company A creates a DAC using Bitshares technology. They take 50% of the companies equity and use it to issue 2 million Bitshares Tranz. The new DAC would have an initial Market Cap of $250,000,000 or half of the companies value. Each share would be valued at $125 at the time of the IPO, but would initially increase due to speculation. Company A then creates a dollar pegged asset called BitTranz that would be used as a currency for the transportation industry. BitTranz would be integrated into their software platform as a payment system to be used as a stable and cheap means of exchange between brokers and carriers. The software platform would include an exchange for entering and exiting the market, and an option to automatically convert to fiat if the carrier so chooses. The value of Bitshares Tranz would increase and decrease based on the performance of Company A and speculation.

Please let me know if my logic is correct. If it is not please advise what you would do in this situation, because they sounded very interested in pursuing something like this. I have thought for awhile about a cryptocurrency for the Transportation industry, but lack the technical understanding to see it through. I love what the Bitshares community is doing, and I am very interested in your feedback. Please let me know if this is a viable concept.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 04:40:20 am by thazel72 »