Author Topic: Is the marketing execution in English happening?  (Read 11912 times)

Offline James212

• View Profile

they have in the past confused marketing with bizdev.  Talking to important people one at a time to find synergies and make deals is totally great and necessary, but that's not marketing. 

+5%  I agree.  It seems like there is more business development than true marketing happening with BTSX. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:31:31 am by James212 »
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline fuzzy

Are we certain of this methodx?  As ive heard, they believed marketing was not as important as making connections behind the scenes.  I remember thinking that invictus not paying for an ad on ltb was a kind of bad idea though. Then watched nxt pay for one nearly every show...imagine how much better brand recognition would have been for bitshares. 

I refer to the post "how much is a new user worth?"

Interested to hear the invictus take on things though. Maybe there are some things we do not yet know about.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
The client is currently slow and buggy with lots of UI issues and in general just gives a bad user experience. There is no mobile client, no blockchain.info style web wallet, also no easy way to create paper wallets (bitaddress.org style).

I don't think marketing should start until all these things have been created and polished.

+5%

But knowing what I know about this team, they can't be oblivious to all these things.  Instead, I think they've got a few tricks up their sleeve.  Will the marketing push coincide with the release of the new BitSapphire wallet?

That would make perfect sense. The community should be ready to do its part once it comes to that

My observations says Invictus does not have a marketing plan, and I think you'll be sadly mistaken if you're waiting for a planned and executed strategy surrounding anything.  Invictus needs people who can do marketing to get involved, but it seems like they have in the past confused marketing with bizdev.  Talking to important people one at a time to find synergies and make deals is totally great and necessary, but that's not marketing.  Bitshares could really benefit from some quality, educational marketing material targeting early adopters in a couple of broad archetypes to help them concisely understand why Bitshares is the thing they want to get involved with vs any of the other options out there.

Unfortunately the most concise messaging we've seen has been "earn 5% on anything" or "bitusd is just as good as usd" which are very misleading unless you have a lot of outside context.

Having owned a marketing firm since 2007, it's become pretty obvious to me that what Invictus thinks is "marketing" isn't actually marketing. It's like when a marketer hires a programmer, he'll probably get someone mediocre because he doesn't know what a real programmer is (a hacker). Marketing is similar in that 90% of the people calling themselves "marketers" aren't real social hackers.

Invictus hired a marketing team that doesn't get online marketing.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 01:10:26 pm by MeTHoDx »

Offline BitTitan

• View Profile
I'm pretty new and I have searched YouTube and found a lot of stuff on bitshares. I have been listening to the hangouts that Dan does too since I can't make it to be there myself. All in all I am really glad to see what they have so far.  Now that delegates are running maybe they will help advertise too?

I have been kind of sad to see that bitshares doesn't seem to be talked about on ltb very much though...which is where I get a lot of my information.  Being number 4 in the first couple !months definitely brought my interest back to this project.  Why does ltb seem so uninterested?

Not trying to sound disrespectful..but it was you who taught me about bitcoin so I thought you would be lining up with the best tech with fair models and helping us learn about them too. Maybe do some episodes like "let's talk bitshares"? I read somewhere you get paid by delegates from btsx so maybe it would be a good idea to use those talents to give back! Maybe I read wrong though so sorry if so...but either way bitshares is amazing!

Great points BTW Adam.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 02:06:21 am by BitTitan »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
The client is currently slow and buggy with lots of UI issues and in general just gives a bad user experience. There is no mobile client, no blockchain.info style web wallet, also no easy way to create paper wallets (bitaddress.org style).

I don't think marketing should start until all these things have been created and polished.

+5%

But knowing what I know about this team, they can't be oblivious to all these things.  Instead, I think they've got a few tricks up their sleeve.  Will the marketing push coincide with the release of the new BitSapphire wallet?

That would make perfect sense. The community should be ready to do its part once it comes to that

My observations says Invictus does not have a marketing plan, and I think you'll be sadly mistaken if you're waiting for a planned and executed strategy surrounding anything.  Invictus needs people who can do marketing to get involved, but it seems like they have in the past confused marketing with bizdev.  Talking to important people one at a time to find synergies and make deals is totally great and necessary, but that's not marketing.  Bitshares could really benefit from some quality, educational marketing material targeting early adopters in a couple of broad archetypes to help them concisely understand why Bitshares is the thing they want to get involved with vs any of the other options out there.

Unfortunately the most concise messaging we've seen has been "earn 5% on anything" or "bitusd is just as good as usd" which are very misleading unless you have a lot of outside context.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Riverhead

The biggest market for Bitshares and bitUSD is not cryptoheads. The sort of publications giving other 2.0 products air time aren't even known to 99% of our market.

We aren't competing for btc's lunch; we're going after the bank's.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
I had hopes the conference would see bitshares reassert its uptrend, it did not.  Am I seller at these prices? No not till $10 dollars each.

Anyways, opinions, is the marketing execution by Brian Page doing us justices.

What is exactly going on specifically?

Nothing you currently see is good enough to service a million new eyeballs who have no idea about crypto lore.  Both marketing and engineering are building systems and processes never before seen for use in on boarding the masses.

I figure we all have time to invest at least one more paycheck while BTSX is having its pre-public blowout  sale.  But wait!  If you act now you can get a second BTSX for the same low price!

:)
One more paycheck implies 1-2 weeks.....because that is how often most people get paid here in the US.

Use of the phrase "we all have time" means you have to consider all possible next paydays.   :)

I also threw in the phrase "at least" to guard against promising anything specific at all.   ;)
Just when I think I will get the carrot its gets pulled back a little  further

but some things are worth waiting for a bit...

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Ah, so we're feeling the bitcoin contraction, just delayed a bit; assuming the reason we fared so well was a buy-in in preparation for the Vegas miracle.

So given the ~18% drop in BTC, BTSX should bottom-out somewhere between 600 and 700 before the marketing push sends us to heights unseen.

We already underperformed bitcoin since the price bottom, btsx went from about 9500 satoshi to about 8000. 

Thats not to say it couldnt drop more, but it doesnt have to.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Yep.

All we need are onramps. Network effect can't be built later, these things can.

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Yep.

Offline Rune

• View Profile

+5%

Offline sschechter

• View Profile

+5%

BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I had hopes the conference would see bitshares reassert its uptrend, it did not.  Am I seller at these prices? No not till $10 dollars each.

Nothing you currently see is good enough to service a million new eyeballs who have no idea about crypto lore.  Both marketing and engineering are building systems and processes never before seen for use in on boarding the masses.

I figure we all have time to invest at least one more paycheck while BTSX is having its pre-public blowout  sale.  But wait!  If you act now you can get a second BTSX for the same low price!

One more paycheck implies 1-2 weeks.....because that is how often most people get paid here in the US.

Use of the phrase "we all have time" means you have to consider all possible next paydays.   :)

I also threw in the phrase "at least" to guard against promising anything specific at all.   ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline Rune

• View Profile

DPOS and bitUSD are currently the best product concepts in the crypto industry, but the implementation and the packaging are not finished. I have faith that the developers will improve them over the next few months, and personally I expect a January "launch" (with no real evidence to back this up).

If there's one thing I'm a bit disappointed with, it's how the bitshares community/ecosystem is currently spread out over tonnes of different products and DACS. In the short term the top priority should really be to perfect the bitUSD user experience. It's the killer app and if it takes off then the future of all bitshares DACS will be secured.