Author Topic: GPU Miners are here... if rumors are to be believed!  (Read 42897 times)

Offline super3

• View Profile
Re: GPU Miners are here... if rumors are to be believed!
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2013, 05:54:50 pm »
Call it nitpicking, but it is written in Python using pyopencl :) My plan is to try to get some reward for the work first. Mining is apparently not an option anymore (not with my 2 noisy 7870s), so I am selling the miner. The buyer, if there will be one, can opensource it of course at his discretion.
PM me with a price.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2013, 01:53:22 pm »
Call it nitpicking, but it is written in Python using pyopencl :) My plan is to try to get some reward for the work first. Mining is apparently not an option anymore (not with my 2 noisy 7870s), so I am selling the miner. The buyer, if there will be one, can opensource it of course at his discretion.

EDIT: sold exclusively.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 07:20:55 pm by reorder »

Offline alexxy

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2013, 01:38:03 pm »
So you're miner writtein in pyopencl? Any plans to opensource it?
Vote for my delegates! alexxy | lexx
PTS: PmraxfZ852y9oEKrYMLX1ee3e4qRWPUTFC
BTS: alexxy

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2013, 12:30:12 pm »
By the way, looks like there is currently no bounty for GPU miner implementation, so anyone interested in bargaining for it please PM. Just keep in mind it is not a turnkey thing, python/pyopencl and very basic network.

EDIT: sold exclusively.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 06:13:07 pm by reorder »

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2013, 08:48:58 am »
So how about some actually useful information regrading the GPU miner then?

I don't have any information other than the algorithm I would implement given the time:

Generate 512 MB of birthdays (512 Hashes) in parallel
Use the GPU to sort them
Use the GPU to find collisions

Someone who wants an open source GPU miner could easily pay to have one developed for them and it would cost about $10,000 or perhaps less.   Considering what people are paying Amazon for cloud computing, it only makes sense that someone would develop this.

I have implemented a GPU miner, and this algo (with bitonic parallel sorting which is considered best for the task) yields just 160hpm on 7870 at best. There are better ways, currently I can squeeze >500hpm out of the card at stock clocks.

Thank you for sharing.  So with an optimized algorithm you can get about a 3x gain from the GPU vs a CPU as many CPUs are getting 160 HPM.   Will you share your algorithm?

Just a hashtable, fast and dirty in a sense that it may skip valid collisions.

So if you accept losses due to race conditions then you gain on average.  Sounds like how I optimized my CPU miner.

Curiously, the more you are willing to lose, the more you gain. HPM was increasing as I went from full sort to cuckoo hashtable to plain synchronized hashtable to unsynchronised one. And then the same with worsening the hash function and reducing the table size.

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2013, 08:17:18 am »

I don't have any information other than the algorithm I would implement given the time:

Use the GPU to sort them

Someone who wants an open source GPU miner could easily pay to have one developed for them and it would cost about $10,000 or perhaps less.   Considering what people are paying Amazon for cloud computing, it only makes sense that someone would develop this.

I have implemented a GPU miner, and this algo (with bitonic parallel sorting which is considered best for the task) yields just 160hpm on 7870 at best. There are better ways, currently I can squeeze >500hpm out of the card at stock clocks.

Thank you for sharing.  So with an optimized algorithm you can get about a 3x gain from the GPU vs a CPU as many CPUs are getting 160 HPM.   Will you share your algorithm?

So if you accept losses due to race conditions then you gain on average.  Sounds like how I optimized my CPU miner. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2013, 08:15:34 am »

Use the GPU to sort them

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2013, 08:05:28 am »

Use the GPU to sort them

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline reorder

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2013, 07:56:09 am »

Use the GPU to sort them

Offline Pocket Sand

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2013, 02:26:38 am »

This ^

Offline bytemaster

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2013, 10:09:27 pm »

Use the GPU to sort them

Offline m0rph

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2013, 10:04:40 pm »
PTS - PksM7k6rwZpWGvR1GxSedLZ5k94z54bbqH
BTC - 1CFxbpkBmZGB5RStsCz6Wgbw48GRQyfsFF

Offline TotalPanda

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2013, 06:20:54 pm »
Hi, I think the Invictus Team is the most aware :P

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2013, 05:43:41 pm »
Do Not Purchase Anything From do not purchase from satoshibox !
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline yago

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2013, 05:36:14 pm »
Who was the first, he and the King!
http://do not purchase from satoshibox.com/529083184c347b7b360041a8
SCAM!!!!
>:(

Please, fill a report on the Scam Accusations board:
http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=23

Use this format to report:
http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=660.0

Thank you and sorry for your loss if you have been scammed
http://bitsharestalk.org/donate.html  <---- Donate to the BitShares Forum ----> PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA