Author Topic: DNS price likely to fall in the short term?  (Read 6722 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Do we know when kick-off is for the DNS genesis block?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
the lower, the better  :D

Btw, could we have KeyID price on top of the forums like we have for btsx?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2014, 05:09:07 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I follow the very same strategy I use with bitshares. wait and get rich eventually... :)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Looks like at the moment only 800M DNS have been claimed from genesis (out of 5B total). That means DNS is currently trading with a low float - relatively few outstanding shares. An additional 1M of sales on Bter would push the price down below 190 satoshi; the first significant buy wall (on Bter) is at 162, and it only has 2M DNS. Of course, Bter isn't the only exchange and just because the orders aren't there doesn't mean the demand isn't there. So these numbers only give us a lower bound on demand.

Anyway, I've a hunch that the price will slide downward pretty steadily until features are launched. Some of this will be people waking up and saying "hey! I have cash sitting there from the snapshot that I can pay my credit card bill with!" And some of it will be people gambling, like I am, that the price has not hit the bottom yet.

Thoughts?
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."