Author Topic: Some Clarity on Dividends  (Read 3716 times)

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
so if dividends are paid in bitshares then i assume tx fees are in bitshares as well.
Yes. And so are margin calls.
PTS: PYRqARWMGQ1PeZvjJM6iWJxf2ouwYcueHF
BTC: 1NeRoAKp137GTDUEBaonbu5BUGPN17Xw5n
http://btcgeek.com

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
so if dividends are paid in bitshares then i assume tx fees are in bitshares as well.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek
You've probably covered this before, but I need a little more clarity on the dividends aspect of BitShares.

1. If I hold just BitShares and DO NOT convert those to any BitAsset, will I still get dividends in BitShares?
2. If I hold BitAssets, will I get more dividends? Will the dividends be in BitShares or BitAssets?
3. If I short-sell BitAssets, will I immediately get the corresponding BitShares credited to my account (assume I hold enough collateral)? Will these be eligible to pay me dividends, assuming 1 is true?

Holding BitShares pays you dividends.
Holding BitAssets gets you 1.5 to 2.5x the dividend rate.... dividends that would have been paid on collateral are paid to BitAsset holder, denominated in BitShares
If you short-sell BitAssets, you must put in BitShares equal to the value of the BitAsset you are shorting.  While your BitShares are being held as collateral you do not earn dividends on them.

Thanks for the clarification!
Get Bitshares out already  :D

You don't want it to come out yet.  You want time to accumulate more ProtoShares first.    ;)

Good point, I get impatient sometimes!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
You've probably covered this before, but I need a little more clarity on the dividends aspect of BitShares.

1. If I hold just BitShares and DO NOT convert those to any BitAsset, will I still get dividends in BitShares?
2. If I hold BitAssets, will I get more dividends? Will the dividends be in BitShares or BitAssets?
3. If I short-sell BitAssets, will I immediately get the corresponding BitShares credited to my account (assume I hold enough collateral)? Will these be eligible to pay me dividends, assuming 1 is true?

Holding BitAssets gets you 1.5 to 2.5x the dividend rate.... dividends that would have been paid on collateral are paid to BitAsset holder, denominated in BitShares
If you short-sell BitAssets, you must put in BitShares equal to the value of the BitAsset you are shorting.  While your BitShares are being held as collateral you do not earn dividends on them.

You don't want it to come out yet.  You want time to accumulate more ProtoShares first.    ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline ruletheworld

• View Profile
    • BTC Geek