Author Topic: AN UPDATE ON THE MARKETING CAMPAIGN....can you tell us what's up???  (Read 17622 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
I love the part on building the necessary basic "infrastructure" before any big marketing push.  Getting the "outside" layman to come in is difficult without a direct link from dollar to btsx/bitusd.  Thanks for the incredible work.   +5%
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline CalabiYau

Offline James212

• View Profile
Thanks for the update Brian.  Looking forward to the results. 
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline Riverhead

anyway... I am pretty confident in Brians efforts and I have a feeling the whole dev team is pretty amazed about what is coming next .. (disclaimer, I'm NOT part of the dev team!)

The devs I met with are very excited both by what marketing has planned and the caliber of talent that Brian is working with. (I also am not on the dev team but I can bribe them with pints of IPA :D)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I continue to be impressed with what they have planned. Can't wait to see this in action...but I will (wait)!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 08:07:29 pm by donkeypong »

Offline Sonny Jim

• View Profile
+5%

BTSX+toolkit license states: "This is free and unencumbered software [..] anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means."

BTSX is very open. Our competitive edge is marketing, so keeping it under wraps is understandable.

Good to hear.  Sounds like this is really what's needed at this point vs more technical features.

If what you're saying is that we should give the developers a vacation, I disagree  :D

No, just thinking of the focus.  I keep reading posts asking about marketing and how important it is at this point and concern about losing out to less technically sound solutions.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Good to hear.  Sounds like this is really what's needed at this point vs more technical features.

If what you're saying is that we should give the developers a vacation, I disagree  :D
I agree with disagreeing  ??? !

anyway... I am pretty confident in Brians efforts and I have a feeling the whole dev team is pretty amazed about what is coming next .. (disclaimer, I'm NOT part of the dev team!)

Offline roadscape

+5%

BTSX+toolkit license states: "This is free and unencumbered software [..] anyone is free to copy, modify, publish, use, compile, sell, or distribute this software, either in source code form or as a compiled binary, for any purpose, commercial or non-commercial, and by any means."

BTSX is very open. Our competitive edge is marketing, so keeping it under wraps is understandable.

http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline matt608

• View Profile

Offline Sonny Jim

• View Profile
Hey guys.   

Quick update.....I can assure you we are working around the clock on the marketing campaign.  Just like the many months Dan and the devs were working on BitSharesX - where it seemed like nothing at all was happening, this too isn't as easy (or as fast) as any of us would expect or want it to be.   

The marketing team has been spending nearly every day (and most of the event in Vegas) speaking with "on-ramp" service companies in order to find the best solution for getting USD into BTSX and bitUSD.  We are VERY close, btw, with one of them.  In addition, we are working on an "off-ramp" partner who can provide a bitUSD direct to a prepaid credit card to allow users to get out of bitUSD without needing a normal crypto exchange.  We were hoping to find one company to do both, but no one is able to do both at this time so we have two different sides to develop for this platform. 

On top of both of those partnerships, we're looking for "backup" service providers in the event either one cant handle the volume we intend to push.  We need to tie in the API's on the back end for a seamless experience, build a separate site, finish producing the multiple videos that explain what/how/why of BTSX and bitUSD, and so much more. 

This project is more involved than it may look from the outside, but I can assure you everything is moving forward.  Like Dan, I'm not going to put a specific date on when all this will be completed and the "go" button pushed, but it WILL happen. And when it does, it will be plainly obvious it is a DIRECT result of our efforts.

As for transparency, we are not sharing all the details of how or where we're going to get all the new users we expect to see into our system, or precisely what we are doing, for obvious reasons.  No one in the industry is doing what we are attempting to do - which is the very reason we will have the results no one else is having. 

The team I've assembled is nothing short of top notch and has knocked it out of the park in many other industries.  I have no doubt they'll do the same with us.  We expect a VERY significant increase in new users, as well as capital, into both BTSX and bitUSD, once launched, so our goal is real growth, not "pumping" the value artificially. 

I know many of you are anxious and wanting to see big returns on the of time, money and trust you've placed in BitShares.  I too want all of those things.  We will get there, I have no doubts.  Stay tuned.... The day we launch, I'll make the forum aware of it immediately so you can see exaclty what we've created and send your own friends and contacts through the site, to participate. 

Thanks! B

Offline julian

• View Profile
Great ideas. I'd like to step back and add some key points to Brian's post.... it's important to note, in order to see the biggest growth in BitSharesX user base, and market cap, is to successfully bring in hundreds of thousands of new investors who have not yet made the leap to any crypto-currencies, Bitcoin included. For the non-technical, even Bitcoin is still difficult to purchase. Which remains a huge barrier to entry in getting newbies into the wonderful world of crypto, even when they already want to.

Solving this issue means hurdling some pretty large technical and communication issues. Which we've done and it's being built now. Tying the launch of this campaign to an event or BitSharesX announcement is a great idea, but (1) we're more interested in the larger pool of people currently OUTSIDE the crypto world and (2) we will most likely launch this as soon as we possibly can.

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Hey guys.   

Quick update.....I can assure you we are working around the clock on the marketing campaign.  Just like the many months Dan and the devs were working on BitSharesX - where it seemed like nothing at all was happening, this too isn't as easy (or as fast) as any of us would expect or want it to be.   

The marketing team has been spending nearly every day (and most of the event in Vegas) speaking with "on-ramp" service companies in order to find the best solution for getting USD into BTSX and bitUSD.  We are VERY close, btw, with one of them.  In addition, we are working on an "off-ramp" partner who can provide a bitUSD direct to a prepaid credit card to allow users to get out of bitUSD without needing a normal crypto exchange.  We were hoping to find one company to do both, but no one is able to do both at this time so we have two different sides to develop for this platform. 

On top of both of those partnerships, we're looking for "backup" service providers in the event either one cant handle the volume we intend to push.  We need to tie in the API's on the back end for a seamless experience, build a separate site, finish producing the multiple videos that explain what/how/why of BTSX and bitUSD, and so much more. 

This project is more involved than it may look from the outside, but I can assure you everything is moving forward.  Like Dan, I'm not going to put a specific date on when all this will be completed and the "go" button pushed, but it WILL happen. And when it does, it will be plainly obvious it is a DIRECT result of our efforts.

As for transparency, we are not sharing all the details of how or where we're going to get all the new users we expect to see into our system, or precisely what we are doing, for obvious reasons.  No one in the industry is doing what we are attempting to do - which is the very reason we will have the results no one else is having. 

The team I've assembled is nothing short of top notch and has knocked it out of the park in many other industries.  I have no doubt they'll do the same with us.  We expect a VERY significant increase in new users, as well as capital, into both BTSX and bitUSD, once launched, so our goal is real growth, not "pumping" the value artificially. 

I know many of you are anxious and wanting to see big returns on the of time, money and trust you've placed in BitShares.  I too want all of those things.  We will get there, I have no doubts.  Stay tuned.... The day we launch, I'll make the forum aware of it immediately so you can see exaclty what we've created and send your own friends and contacts through the site, to participate. 

Thanks! B
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:01:43 pm by MktDirector »