Author Topic: Phillppine Gov't to Study Bitcoin for Backed Money -- Opportunity for Bitshares?  (Read 1376 times)

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
My take on this is that once the bureaucracy realizes it will not have the capability to control the delegates, it's gonna move on. What they will try to make is a sort of closed off blockchain that only banks can run full nodes for. I don't think there's any chance they'd ever go with a truly decentralized system.
Your right in that this will be a hurdle but if we pitch to them the idea of a user created asset they will have control over their on asset. Don't get me wrong I would prefer they use bitUSD but I would be happy if they used the platform in anyway.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If the banks are doing their job well (or better than others) I will be fine with them ... until they screw things up .. as with any other delegate ..

it doesn't matter HOW the delegate runs (if you are fine with the party getting the money) .. as long as the rules are followed.
Sure .. people might see a problem sending their fees towards banks .. especially once, we "killed the banks" ;-) (joking)

Offline Rune

• View Profile
My take on this is that once the bureaucracy realizes it will not have the capability to control the delegates, it's gonna move on. What they will try to make is a sort of closed off blockchain that only banks can run full nodes for. I don't think there's any chance they'd ever go with a truly decentralized system.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work