Author Topic: Latest Bitcoin news - Caution Alert  (Read 20107 times)

Offline hpenvy

• View Profile
What is all this ridiculousness about?  Are you a legal expert or something?

Bitcoin and all crypto are potentially capable of putting us all in prison.  Also don't expect forum members of competing Cryptos to give you hugs when you come in talking about how you chosen platform is safer or better than theirs.  What are you thinking man?!

Nothing we say here will change what will happen down the road, we'll see what happens and adjust accordingly. I would think our time would be better spent helping push some of the Taskforce initiatives, maybe that's just me. Cheers.
=============
btsx address: hpenvy
Tips appreciated for good work

Offline BitTitan

• View Profile
What is all this ridiculousness about?  Are you a legal expert or something?

Bitcoin and all crypto are potentially capable of putting us all in prison.  Also don't expect forum members of competing Cryptos to give you hugs when you come in talking about how you chosen platform is safer or better than theirs.  What are you thinking man?!

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Mostly it seems like you're getting upset that I think people like tonyk (and you) have a net negative impact because you're nicer when someone agrees with you and very suspicious (i.e. protective) when they are asking questions you think might be dangerous to the project or that should somehow only be asked if a person is trying to generate FUD.
Please enlighten us and show where you came here to ASK a question ..

From what I can see from over here is YOU spreading FUD:

... and I'll be shocked if Invictus is not getting a knock on the door come raid day for Angelshares.

The question you SHOULD have asked would be like:

"Hey friends, I heard blabla... what's the status on that issue regarding AGS funds?"

See the question mark?

I didn't say I asked a question in this thread.  I was describing what I call the forum defense force.  In this thread I was sharing my view on the risk in play here specifically because it looked like people were overlooking the fact that AGS was funded by the US company invictus and that of all the targets out there, Invictus is very attractive if the rumor about 6 companies getting got in early november comes true.   Other likely candidates are Mastercoin, SWARM, Ethereum, Digital Tangible Trust, etc.

Or did I misunderstand your concern?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline Thom

Mostly it seems like you're getting upset that I think people like tonyk (and you) have a net negative impact because you're nicer when someone agrees with you and very suspicious (i.e. protective) when they are asking questions you think might be dangerous to the project or that should somehow only be asked if a person is trying to generate FUD.

... and I'll be shocked if Invictus is not getting a knock on the door come raid day for Angelshares.

"Hey friends, I heard blabla... what's the status on that issue regarding AGS funds?"

See the question mark?

I'm beginning to see more truth by the empirical evidence you're highlighting xeroc. I won't be quick to kick anybody to the curb, so I will continue to take it ALL in. But it's pretty easy to see the emotion in Adam's latest post, and you do make a good point here.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

See the question mark?

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Stan....I see you and most all this community I have met as family...you are truly amazing people.  I apologize in advance for any problems my opinions cause...but I protect those I trust to the best of my ability.  Delulo...that includes you..even if we disagree on methods!
I feel you bro... if you feel uncomfortable with this just leave it to me... but keep in mind that when you say it (as opposed to me saying the same thing), everybody knows it comes from the heart!

Ill wait for a cease and desist from invictus for that.  The fact that some of our delegates are paying him, though, for how "respected" he is perturbs me...

And before anyone jumps on the trains to "lets be nice" town, lets please ask ourselves what exactly he has really done other than consistenly imply bitshares is a dangerous scam to those new to the game where he is a gatekeeper.

Fuzz, I'm not being paid Bitsharesx and never have recieved any for anything I did not purchase with my own money or labor during the PTS period.   I agreed to lend my reputation to a delegate Toast wanted to run, I was very up-front with him (feel free to ask) that I was only doing it because there needed to be more delegates and that I would be donating the BTSX earned as prizes or giveaways on the network.

Here's the important part:
I have never received any BTSX from toast or anyone else, I assume he's stockpiling them but I don't have time to devote to the question.

So.... Do I get an apology since your lack of knowledge (or willingness to ask in order to get that information) led you to say things that are just flat out wrong.

What is frustrating to some of us adam...is that you act unbiased.  As for me...im obviously biased and I state it as such. 

Also as far as newbies "often" being criticized...jesus.  you obviously do not know xeroc or the other MULTITUDES of people who actually pay out of their own pocket..or time... to help noobies frequently. 

As a matter of fact, bbx is there intentionally to give THEM a place where they can have a voice like you do with your show.  Go ahead and ask me if I have received payment for what ive done for these "asshole" noobies...and then when the answer is yes...ask everyone ive given the funds ive received to vouch for me.  It is literally insulting when you throw this crap around.

Second edit:  I look forward to your soon to be announced version of what we are doing here to "open up" the conversation.  If I were here for anything else but full respect the work Invictus has done...id be long gone by now...kind of like I am with bitcoin.

I do not claim to be unbiased, please show me where I say that.  I am explicitly biased based on my view of reality and the facts as best I can reckon them, it's inherently dishonest and also boring to pretend to be unbiased as it means you are non-reactionary.   

Perhaps you're taking "non-biased" from my saying that it's important to let facts and reality guide our view of that reality vs. basing reality on what we wish was true because it would be better for our personal well being.  I guess that is a view of bias, I think of Bias more being interest -> action whereas this is more the distortion of looking at a real scene through thick, distorted glass.  The amount and severity of distortion determines to what degree your picture of reality is fractured and personalized (i.e. only you see things that way) or fogged and generalized.   There's not really such a thing as "no distortion" because as humans we have a certain base level built in, for example you can't hear an ultrasonic dog whistle or see IR light with only your human equiptment.   This extends to your mind, perceptions and beyond.    At a base human level, we share a set of broad human level distortions

What is bbx and what does it have to do with ltb?  Have I somehow edited or suppressed you?  I'm confused about your aggro, it's been quite present in your talking at me for a while now, and it's why I started using the forum defense force to refer to you as well. 

Ask Daniel if he thinks I act like a gatekeeper keeping out projects that don't follow my every whim, I really think you just don't know what you're talking about and it's very easy for you to know for sure.  Ask them, that's what people who want to know the truth do.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:01:33 pm by AdamBLevine »
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Stan....I see you and most all this community I have met as family...you are truly amazing people.  I apologize in advance for any problems my opinions cause...but I protect those I trust to the best of my ability.  Delulo...that includes you..even if we disagree on methods!
I feel you bro... if you feel uncomfortable with this just leave it to me... but keep in mind that when you say it (as opposed to me saying the same thing), everybody knows it comes from the heart!

Ill wait for a cease and desist from invictus for that.  The fact that some of our delegates are paying him, though, for how "respected" he is perturbs me...

And before anyone jumps on the trains to "lets be nice" town, lets please ask ourselves what exactly he has really done other than consistenly imply bitshares is a dangerous scam to those new to the game where he is a gatekeeper.

+5%

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
Adam is best friend that BitShares could have.  In fact he is sometimes such a good friend as shown in this thread that there is no need for the enemies.
As they say who needs enemies when you have a such a good friends.  :)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Do you have an example of such behavior / statements?

The community defense team is why so few people who aren't true believers bother with this forum.  It's why there's now talk of if the forum is even a good place for anybody new because posting questions as a new user are often ridiculed or attacked as trolls or sockpuppets.

I read a thread recently about tonyk and this exact behavior, sorry I don't have a link it wasn't something I saved.
Tonyk is one individual. Everyone has his own opinions. Btw he rants against pretty much anything new users or BitShares Music like here https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=8652.0 Let's keep the discussion based on facts (not the emotional bias that we ALL have)

+5% 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 04:39:18 am by theFu.. »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
The best thing to do is try to legally manoeuver and continue pioneering.
+5% +5%

"Decentralization means never having to say you're sorry."

"And when I die, and when I'm dead, dead and gone
They'll be one geek born in this world to carry on..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS-gwb8eSc0

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
It is literally insulting when you throw this crap around.

+1

Offline Riverhead

The best thing to do is try to legally manoeuver and continue pioneering.
+5% +5%