Author Topic: I want to join the BitShares team. Who do I contact?  (Read 3878 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
line up the queues for hire, budget could shot up at any time now :)

best of luck drltc  +5%
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 01:28:58 am by CLains »

Offline bytemaster

We are considering many factors including budget. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
We should add a careers link to the footer of bitshares.org.

submissions should go to careers@bitshares.org and someone should monitor it.  At the very least monitor once a month, and in the mean time let the applicant know that it has been received and we check it once a month.

Even if the team cannot expand right now it will be a valuable list to have in the future.

agreed i'll setting this up asap…
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline G1ng3rBr34dM4n

Even if the team cannot expand right now it will be a valuable list to have in the future.

Especially for additional DACs that will launch in the BitShares ecosystem that are in the development and recruiting phase.  Even if the core dev team isn't ready for an expansion, people who are passionate about this space should have the opportunity to connect and work on projects that overlap in the meantime.

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
We should add a careers link to the footer of bitshares.org.

submissions should go to careers@bitshares.org and someone should monitor it.  At the very least monitor once a month, and in the mean time let the applicant know that it has been received and we check it once a month.

Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
(In a past life I once tried to assign a person to process my email for me. 
They wound up forwarding everything to me anyway after a day or two's delay.  :) )

It's unbelievably annoying isn't it! I have a PA filter my emails too and I always get about 50% back. Uh.

We have a saying in my old country (that being Mexico, btw, according to an Indian guy, wearing black Ethereum t-shirt, and having deep philosophical thoughts on more then one sci-fi movie).

"The wolf got his fat neck for taking care of its own business." , which means some task are not delegate-able.

I think that's the bottom line. They're on such a whirlwind push right now that I doubt they have time to train in new people. Maybe when the dust settles a bit?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
They wound up forwarding everything to me anyway after a day or two's delay.  :) )

It's unbelievably annoying isn't it! I have a PA filter my emails too and I always get about 50% back. Uh.

We have a saying in my old country (that being Mexico, btw, according to an Indian guy, wearing black Ethereum t-shirt, and having deep philosophical thoughts on more then one sci-fi movie).

"The wolf got his fat neck for taking care of its own business." , which means some task are not delegate-able.

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Please do not delete. I kind of like the idea of you working for I3. If it works for you, maybe *arhag* will see this thread and consider joining the teem also.

And good luck with the interview.

+1 +1

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I actually forwarded my qualifications to bm and we subsequently discussed salary and visiting arrangements and we were supposed to meet in video chat to move fwd but I never heard from hom after asking about his availability to do so... I just thought he was super busy maybe someone else is responsible for HR? Or he can delegate the role to someone to help?

BM's inboxes are permanently spammed and abandoned... so he relies on other members of the team to call things to his attention.  Ask your favorite on-site developer to raise the issue for you or
email stan at bitshares.org.  I'm spammed too, but I attempt to plow through it.
If you don't hear from us, assume you got buried under the avalanche and try again. 

« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:21:32 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I actually forwarded my qualifications to bm and we subsequently discussed salary and visiting arrangements and we were supposed to meet in video chat to move fwd but I never heard from hom after asking about his availability to do so... I just thought he was super busy maybe someone else is responsible for HR? Or he can delegate the role to someone to help?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Please do not delete. I kind of like the idea of you working for I3. If it works for you, maybe *arhag* will see this thread and consider joining the teem also.

And good luck with the interview.
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline theoretical

Sorry, I'm actually kind of busy at the moment.  Wasn't expecting the super fast reply.  I should be free in an hour or two, but it's fine if you aren't available.  But mission accomplished:  I now have a point of contact that doesn't turn unread messages into Hawking radiation :)

If you're a mod, feel free to lock / delete this thread.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
BM's email and PM are black holes. Sorry about that.

Why don't you add me on skype (nikolaimushegian) and we can talk about it.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.