Author Topic: I want to join the BitShares team. Who do I contact?  (Read 3876 times)

Offline theoretical

As an aside:  I realize it might take some time to hear back -- but it's been weeks!  I realize it's unreasonable to expect a "yes" right away -- but one of the following replies would be perfectly satisfactory:

(a) "You're pretty cool drltc, what kind of pay would you expect?  Are you willing to move to Virginia, or do you want to do remote?"

(b) "We'll get back to you after we've gone through these fifty other applicants.  Expect to hear back in about a month."

(c) "We're too busy with (fixing critical bugs / hangovers after Vegas) to deal with this.  Can you ask again in a week?"

(d) "We don't have the resources to expand the team right now.  Ask again after our next fundraising activity, when Bitcoin goes back to $1000, or when BTSX breaks 15,000 Satoshis."

(e) "Your pull requests were all for superficial issues; you clearly know C++ but haven't shown us any substantial work.  So we'll pay you 100,000 BTSX to write a patch to add $FUNCTIONALITY or fix $BUG.  Here's the access to the developers' private IRC server so you can coordinate closely with everyone.  If you complete the task successfully and play nice with the team, we can talk about a permanent arrangement."

(f) "We hate you drltc, never darken our doorstep again."

(g) "bytemaster doesn't directly handle hiring, and we don't talk about hiring over forum PM's, please direct your inquiry to Alice Satoshi, Director of Awesomeness Acquisition, at $EMAIL or $PHONE_NUMBER"

As it is, I haven't even received confirmation that my messages haven't ended up in some spam folder.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk

Offline theoretical

I'm a long-time forum member with lots of contributions to the forum and Github.  I've made several suggestions that have been implemented, bug reports that have been fixed, and pull requests that have been merged.

I'd like to take my contributions to the next level by joining the BitShares team as a developer.

I've tried asking bytemaster about joining the team privately by PM and email, but I have not received any reply.

Who should I contact, and what is the ETA on some reply?

Thanks.
BTS- theoretical / PTS- PZxpdC8RqWsdU3pVJeobZY7JFKVPfNpy5z / BTC- 1NfGejohzoVGffAD1CnCRgo9vApjCU2viY / the delegate formerly known as drltc / Nothing said on these forums is intended to be legally binding / All opinions are my own unless otherwise noted / Take action due to my posts at your own risk