Author Topic: Adam B Levine - Prove you are not a centralized gatekeeper.  (Read 4018 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
You've said that I rejected Beyond Bitcoin, but Beyond Bitcoin is in fact on Let's Talk Bitcoin! and the Bitshares hangouts have never approached me about being on the network.

And yet you're giving me shit, and created a whole thread about it. 

See my confusion?  What the hell are you talking about?
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I'm confused - Beyond Bitcoin is on ltb whenever arthur wants to post a new show, he doesn't ask me for permission.  Arthur decided that he wanted to seperate his effort from the bitshares hangouts because of issues between him and fuzz, I have nothing to do with that.  I don't remember fuzz ever asking to have his stuff on the network, but the definitive thing that gets you on LTB is producing a show, which is a little more work than just recording a hangout with random people.

Are you involved with the bitshares hangouts?

You're saying if I don't include content you think should be included, I'm a gatekeeper by which you mean I am inappropriately suppressing you.  If you produce a show and it's interesting, history shows we'll welcome it because the point is good content.  But that's on you, not me - Next time try just emailing me a link instead of making a public spectacle with my name in the title.

+5% for the response in general.

-5% for acting like you are confused.

We shall see !

edit - The problem with emailing you it is centralized and I wouldn't like to repost your response out of politeness/assumed respect.  You can also just choose to ignore it.  It allows you many "outs".  Putting it out publicly allows transparent discussion about why the show didn't make your cut.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:03:35 am by gamey »
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I'm confused - Beyond Bitcoin is on ltb whenever arthur wants to post a new show, he doesn't ask me for permission.  Arthur decided that he wanted to seperate his effort from the bitshares hangouts because of issues between him and fuzz, I have nothing to do with that.  I don't remember fuzz ever asking to have his stuff on the network, but the definitive thing that gets you on LTB is producing a show, which is a little more work than just recording a hangout with random people.

Are you involved with the bitshares hangouts?

You're saying if I don't include content you think should be included, I'm a gatekeeper by which you mean I am inappropriately suppressing you.  If you produce a show and it's interesting, history shows we'll welcome it because the point is good content.  But that's on you, not me - Next time try just emailing me a link instead of making a public spectacle with my name in the title.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I don't think you understand what a gatekeeper is.  He is a gatekeeper to the LTBnetwork.  He decides who gets on and who doesn't.  I have no idea about him being a thoughtleader.  He does a lot of interviews.  I've never had newspeople lead my thoughts, but that is also a valid way of looking at it.

Proving in this case would be mutually beneficial to everyone involved.  I'm presenting him with an option to have a show of LTBnetwork quality, but with a novel approach to podcasting.  I wish to have nothing out of it except more ears for the content.  I would be selective in what I submitted.  I don't think most hangouts have the proper content to be enough value to LTBNetwork viewers, but some would.

If he is a gatekeeper, then he'll shut the gate.  Otherwise he won't.  There isn't much more to this.

This is beneficial for Adam, Beyond Bitcoin Hangouts, and most of all his viewers.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Ask Daniel if he thinks I act like a gatekeeper keeping out projects that don't follow my every whim, I really think you just don't know what you're talking about and it's very easy for you to know for sure.  Ask them, that's what people who want to know the truth do.

Adam,

You are a gatekeeper.  Gatekeepers will often use a claim of quality control etc to deny others, but you're a gatekeeper.  It isn't bad.  Someone has to set standards.  Yet you are the gatekeeper about what show is allowed on the quite successful LTBNetwork and you've further centralized all this power with your coin.  It is actually all quite clever.  You control a lot of eyes with your network.  It is deserved.  You have a high quality standard with a very well done portal.  Not to mention your personal show is always very well done.

You declined bbx (mumble/dev hangout) in the past because you had some issue.  I agree a lot of bbx shows have not been very good and you could give me a list of things that are faulty.  I'd likely agree.  I don't put much effort into it.  I could put a lot more time into it, but I try to be effective given the time I am dedicating to it.

We're covering Dan and only Bitshares related stuff now.  I've ignored pms from people wanting to be on the show.  In this way the bbx show is also a gatekeeper, but we are laughable instead of formidable.

So here is my proposal for you.  Prove to us you are not a centralized gatekeeper.  We could come up with a few professional shows, but not anywhere near all of our shows.  Only the best ones that have had extra effort put into editing and good enough base content.  So you're only given shows at or beyond the level of quality seen on your network.  Your time will not be wasted with rubbish submissions from me.  If you decline it, well then it will be posted anyway.  We will take our toys and go home.

I understand that we receive value and I would be quite comfortable with you inserting ads in our show and keeping revenue.  I would just like to see the content receive more ears.  Your network would receive an occasionally great show.

I'm 100% sincere in this.  There is no being snarky in this post.  If you aren't a centralized gatekeeper then it seems straightforward that you would agree to do this.  Our show has never been used as a platform to espouse anti-LTBNetwork or anti-Adam sentiment. We have the same passions about the space as you, Adam.

Sincerely,
Gamey

He's a thought leader for sure but not a gatekeeper.
I think perhaps you've chosen the wrong choice of words. It's also unfair to ask someone to prove a negative.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Ask Daniel if he thinks I act like a gatekeeper keeping out projects that don't follow my every whim, I really think you just don't know what you're talking about and it's very easy for you to know for sure.  Ask them, that's what people who want to know the truth do.

Adam,

You are a gatekeeper.  Gatekeepers will often use a claim of quality control etc to deny others, but you're a gatekeeper.  It isn't bad.  Someone has to set standards.  Yet you are the gatekeeper about what show is allowed on the quite successful LTBNetwork and you've further centralized all this power with your coin.  It is actually all quite clever.  You control a lot of eyes with your network.  It is deserved.  You have a high quality standard with a very well done portal.  Not to mention your personal show is always very well done.

You declined bbx (mumble/dev hangout) in the past because you had some issue.  I agree a lot of bbx shows have not been very good and you could give me a list of things that are faulty.  I'd likely agree.  I don't put much effort into it.  I could put a lot more time into it, but I try to be effective given the time I am dedicating to it.

We're covering Dan and only Bitshares related stuff now.  I've ignored pms from people wanting to be on the show.  In this way the bbx show is also a gatekeeper, but we are laughable instead of formidable.

So here is my proposal for you.  Prove to us you are not a centralized gatekeeper.  We could come up with a few professional shows, but not anywhere near all of our shows.  Only the best ones that have had extra effort put into editing and good enough base content.  So you're only given shows at or beyond the level of quality seen on your network.  Your time will not be wasted with rubbish submissions from me.  If you decline it, well then it will be posted anyway.  We will take our toys and go home.

I understand that we receive value and I would be quite comfortable with you inserting ads in our show and keeping revenue.  I would just like to see the content receive more ears.  Your network would receive an occasionally great show.

I'm 100% sincere in this.  There is no being snarky in this post.  If you aren't a centralized gatekeeper then it seems straightforward that you would agree to do this.  Our show has never been used as a platform to espouse anti-LTBNetwork or anti-Adam sentiment. We have the same passions about the space as you, Adam.

Sincerely,
Gamey