Author Topic: Negative interest rate  (Read 1386 times)

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
Great thanks. Yeah I can see how it can be implemented, but it makes more sense to have funds that can be trusted even if the internet goes down or you have other trouble for a few years. Besides, money that has no velocity are effectively distributed to other holders of money. Just like on the other side inflation is dilution.

Offline svk

This idea was never implemented.

The inactivity fee has been discussed a lot.  What I am curious to ask is how it will be technically implemented and what the implications of that are for security.

Imagine I make a cold storage wallet and send funds there which I leave for 2 years.  If only I hold the private key to that account, how will the balance of that account be accessible to others (the developers I assume) and changed if the inactivity fee has been implemented.

In activity fee has only ever been an idea, it is not implemented and will not be implemented.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=10101.0
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline XsharesO

• View Profile
I read somewhere that shares that are not moved for a long time will be destroyed at a rate of 5% pa.
While I think this is stupid and short sighted, I guess this is how the protocol was written. Correct me where I'm wrong.

1 How are the funds extracted from private address? I guess the protocol says that the privkey can only sign up to 95% of the value? So no funds are taken out, but its math in the protocol?

2 How often does a bot have to move the funds to dodge this idea-bug? Once per year?

3 If an address contains a low value, what is the risks that these funds do not get spent and that they will be eroded over time?