Author Topic: How do I withdrawl my BTS from Poloniex?  (Read 2350 times)

Offline emailtooaj

I emailed Poloniex today about the update to 2.0 and it doesn't seem like they will make changes for the new update. How do I safely move thousands of dollars worth of BTS? I have no computer experience at all, I need something idiot proof.

What's going to happen to my Bitshares on Poloniex if I don't take then out by the 13th of October if Poloniex doesn't update to accommodate the change to 2.0? Will my coins be gone or useless?

Don't worry, wait for 1-2 weeks, I think the Poloniex will support upgrade to BitShares 2.0 and you can left your BTS at Poloniex and move them into your wallet after upgrade.

If no, we will guide you how to install BitShares 0.9.2 wallet software and move your funds.

Have you gotten confirmation of this?

I agree that they almost certainly will, they would risk their new position as the premier altcoin exchange if they didnt, but would be nice to get a statement.

The other way around this is to open an account with CCEDK and transfer everything there.
I'm almost 100% certain that Ronny of CCEDK will honor the BTS 2.0 switch over, and if any issues did happen, I know he would work diligently to get them resolved asap!
Outside of that, if you decide to install a new wallet on your PC then yes, you would need to get it fully set up and sync'd before you could send your funds to it.
I see that testz offered to help you with wallet install. He's a trusted community member IMHO 
Obviously we'll all help you through this in any way we can, that's just how our community rollz !!!   8)

Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I emailed Poloniex today about the update to 2.0 and it doesn't seem like they will make changes for the new update. How do I safely move thousands of dollars worth of BTS? I have no computer experience at all, I need something idiot proof.

What's going to happen to my Bitshares on Poloniex if I don't take then out by the 13th of October if Poloniex doesn't update to accommodate the change to 2.0? Will my coins be gone or useless?

Don't worry, wait for 1-2 weeks, I think the Poloniex will support upgrade to BitShares 2.0 and you can left your BTS at Poloniex and move them into your wallet after upgrade.

If no, we will guide you how to install BitShares 0.9.2 wallet software and move your funds.

Have you gotten confirmation of this?

I agree that they almost certainly will, they would risk their new position as the premier altcoin exchange if they didnt, but would be nice to get a statement.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I'll be honest I'd never be able to do this. I would 100% end up messing something up. Doesn't Bitshares have a private key I can use to backup my wallet so when I mess everything up I can one day recover everything? Also do I send my Bitshares to the new wallet before changing all that directory stuff?

@marketorder

If you're using Windows OS you may find these steps helpful for a smooth install...
In your situation, you'll want to start with step#3
Hope this helps  :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- What Steps Should I Take Saving My Old BTS Wallet Before Migrating?
First you should update to the most current BTS wallet (v0.9.2). Download links here...  https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/releases/tag/bts%2F0.9.2
*note- please be aware BTS may have one more wallet update from v0.9.2 making migrating easier... so these steps may have to be done one more time*

(Windows) Here's a quick how-to for updating older wallet versions to v0.9.2

1. For your current client version, copy the C:\Users\*account name*\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares\wallet directory as a backup in another dir.  (Export your wallet as .json as well for safety).  If you don't have the wallets dir, create it by importing your .json file & running the client.

(IMPORTANT-Make sure you're 120% positive you did step 1 correclty BEFORE proceeding!!!)

2.  Uninstall your current version by deleting the C:\Users\*account name*\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares folder. Reboot Windows

3.  Install v0.9.2.  Before running the new client do these initial steps...
     a) go to your C:\Program Files\Bitshare\bin folder and right click BitShares.exe, go to properties>compatibility and check mark  "Run this program as Admin". 
          Please do this same step for the bitshares_client.exe.
     b) Make sure firewalls are set to allow Bitshares.exe and are not blocking it. Set it to allow for "Private" and "Public" network access (just in case).

4.  Now launch the BTS wallet (click yes when Admin rights pop-up)  and let it download and sync the network (*fingers crossed)

5.  If wallet sync was successful... Close the program... go back to C:\Users\*account name*\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares\wallet and proceed to copy and paste your old wallet
     backup (from step 1) over the newest Bitshares dir.

6.  Run the new client again, enter password, allow it to re-scan for transaction history and you should be up and running.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 06:13:39 pm by Marketorder »

Offline emailtooaj

@marketorder

If you're using Windows OS you may find these steps helpful for a smooth install...
In your situation, you'll want to start with step#3
Hope this helps  :D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- What Steps Should I Take Saving My Old BTS Wallet Before Migrating?
First you should update to the most current BTS wallet (v0.9.2). Download links here...  https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/releases/tag/bts%2F0.9.2
*note- please be aware BTS may have one more wallet update from v0.9.2 making migrating easier... so these steps may have to be done one more time*

(Windows) Here's a quick how-to for updating older wallet versions to v0.9.2

1. For your current client version, copy the C:\Users\*account name*\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares\wallet directory as a backup in another dir.  (Export your wallet as .json as well for safety).  If you don't have the wallets dir, create it by importing your .json file & running the client.

(IMPORTANT-Make sure you're 120% positive you did step 1 correclty BEFORE proceeding!!!)

2.  Uninstall your current version by deleting the C:\Users\*account name*\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares folder. Reboot Windows

3.  Install v0.9.2.  Before running the new client do these initial steps...
     a) go to your C:\Program Files\Bitshare\bin folder and right click BitShares.exe, go to properties>compatibility and check mark  "Run this program as Admin". 
          Please do this same step for the bitshares_client.exe.
     b) Make sure firewalls are set to allow Bitshares.exe and are not blocking it. Set it to allow for "Private" and "Public" network access (just in case).

4.  Now launch the BTS wallet (click yes when Admin rights pop-up)  and let it download and sync the network (*fingers crossed)

5.  If wallet sync was successful... Close the program... go back to C:\Users\*account name*\AppData\Roaming\Bitshares\wallet and proceed to copy and paste your old wallet
     backup (from step 1) over the newest Bitshares dir.

6.  Run the new client again, enter password, allow it to re-scan for transaction history and you should be up and running.
Sound Editor of Beyondbitcoin Hangouts. Listen to latest here - https://beyondbitcoin.org support the Hangouts! BTS Tri-Fold Brochure https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15169.0.html
Tip BROWNIE.PTS to EMAILTOOAJ

Offline testz

Can I install the BitShares 0.9.2 wallet now and do this so I don't have to wait? So worse case scenario if they are left on  Poloniex  my coins wont be gone forever?

Yes, but be ready BitShares 0.9.2 wallet is heavy and you should have at least 4GB memory.
Wallet is here: https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/releases
Instruction how to register account http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Howto

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
You should expect, that they will upgrade and stop trading for a couple of days. Makes no sense. Right now, BTS is a key market for poloniex with a good portion of the tradingvolumen of their exchange.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
I heard that's only for small funds

wallet.bitshares.org

Create a wallet, transfer your funds.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Can I install the BitShares 0.9.2 wallet now and do this so I don't have to wait? So worse case scenario if they are left on  Poloniex  my coins wont be gone forever?

Offline testz

Offline Riverhead

wallet.bitshares.org

Create a wallet, transfer your funds.

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile