Author Topic: Creating my first UIA  (Read 14576 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
They gave me a small todo list today for this UIA creation, but at least I know everything is good to go with BaFin.
Are you allows to share what they told/gave you?

Well, one major point that Lutz brought up was CCEDK's ability to onramp people at the Expo. He ways saying that if someone is going to money transfer or exchange here in Germany (even if it is only for the 2 day Expo) then they "must be licensed with BaFin". I haven't had a chance yet, but I need to discuss this with Ronny @ccedk to make sure his people can do onramping at the Expo as well. It might just be a 2-day business license to "operate" here, but either way, I want to onramp as many people as possible at the Expo so I am working with BaFin first to get the actual regulation documentation/statute and see what that "license" would entail. From the sound of his voice, it sounded very simple to get that 2 day permit so we will see. I will know more tomorrow after I speak with them. It's too late in the day now, it's already 1655 here.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
**Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be prefixed with "bts-" unless they were registered using the [BitShares Faucet](https://faucet.bitshares.org/). **

I was under the impression that names longer than 8 letters will not have the bts prefix. Isn't that the case?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
They gave me a small todo list today for this UIA creation, but at least I know everything is good to go with BaFin.
Are you allows to share what they told/gave you?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
lol ok cool, so at least I know everyone's money is safe and like you said it's just a "label".

So, my "munich" account will automatically become "bts-munich".
That account will now be the official "business checking account" for BitShares Munich.

I signed with the Winheller Law Firm today. They will be speaking at the Expo, an Exhibitor, etc.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UnldiptL8n5o1iWIEMhrSfh1f6OpOUkqPMtfZXO8xpU/edit

They gave me a small todo list today for this UIA creation, but at least I know everything is good to go with BaFin. You've got some really awesome crypto people here in Deutschland :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The length of the account name is what qualifies it for a "premium name" .. but don't ask me how short that would be .. I would say everything above 8 should be non-premium
Ok, so that means that this account that I registered yesterday with my wallet, not the faucet, (http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich) will automatically become bts-munich upon the 2.0 switchover?
Yes / No
YES .. munich is a premium name

That account will still be accessible to me even though it was not registered with the faucet?
Yes / No
Sure

Is it safe for me to use that munich account right now to create the publicly tradeable UIA I want?
Yes / No
sure ..
after upgrade the asset will appear as if it was registered by bts-munich

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision:

munich (premium) -> bts-munich
bts-munich (non premium) -> bts-munich ?!?

@bytemaster @Stan @vikram ?

After the name squatting debacle we have revised the length-based system:

Premium Name:  No Numbers and has Vowles
Cheap Name: Has Numbers or No Vowels
ui .. interesting ..

@kencode: that means you will defeinitely be prefixed .. both names 'munich' -> 'bts-munich'    and   "bts-munich" -> "bts-bts-munich" :(

Offline bytemaster

The length of the account name is what qualifies it for a "premium name" .. but don't ask me how short that would be .. I would say everything above 8 should be non-premium
Ok, so that means that this account that I registered yesterday with my wallet, not the faucet, (http://bitsharesblocks.com/accounts/account?name=munich) will automatically become bts-munich upon the 2.0 switchover?
Yes / No
YES .. munich is a premium name

That account will still be accessible to me even though it was not registered with the faucet?
Yes / No
Sure

Is it safe for me to use that munich account right now to create the publicly tradeable UIA I want?
Yes / No
sure ..
after upgrade the asset will appear as if it was registered by bts-munich

Talking about this .. I wonder what the devs would do if there is a name collision:

munich (premium) -> bts-munich
bts-munich (non premium) -> bts-munich ?!?

@bytemaster @Stan @vikram ?

After the name squatting debacle we have revised the length-based system:

Premium Name:  No Numbers and has Vowles
Cheap Name: Has Numbers or No Vowels

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

**Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be prefixed with "bts-" unless they were registered using the [BitShares Faucet](https://faucet.bitshares.org/). **
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
The requirement to use the faucet to register / migrate accounts was done to prevent the name squatters from buying up all of the cheap names between now and launch of 2.0.

Names registered outside the faucet will be prefixed, but the account will still retain full control of all funds.

I will update the website with more clairty.
I would have updated the page myself already if I was more than 80% sure you wanted it that way ..
Thanks for the clarifiaction

Offline bytemaster

The requirement to use the faucet to register / migrate accounts was done to prevent the name squatters from buying up all of the cheap names between now and launch of 2.0.

Names registered outside the faucet will be prefixed, but the account will still retain full control of all funds.

I will update the website with more clairty.

Offline phillyguy

When can I buy some KenCoins?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
The official statement is both vague and/or inaccurate.  At least it gave me a minor heart attack after I registered my Delegate, so I PM'ed BM:

Hey BM!

Quick question. It says on the blog that, “Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.”

We registered a delegate name bitspace-clains after that time, and not from the faucet. Does that mean it will become bts-bitspace-clains or will it not be migrated at all? Really hope we don't have to pay the delegate registration fee over again!

Thanks,

You will not have to pay the delegate registration fee again. 

So I agree we should modify the official statement like bulletproof said:

This statement scares the hell out of me. It says to me that this wallet-created account will not be migrated:
Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated <without prefixing> if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Would suggest minor rewording would make this clearer, it does read scary

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
In the end .. all that changes is the label for your account .. that INCLUDES the owner of an asset .. nothing changes EXCEPT that label
* you still own your stuff
* you still have full access to that asset
* you can still issue your shares

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
@xeroc @fav - I apologize guys for being brash.

I hope you see now why I am so freaked out about this account thing. Creating a UIA is no small matter, especially in legal terms so I have to make sure this thing is created properly, the account that owns it is safe, it's traded properly, the finances are transparent, and risk of 2.0 migration doesn't screw any of this up, people's money is on the line. This is stressful.

Again, I apologize for being brash.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline bulletproof

This statement scares the hell out of me. It says to me that this wallet-created account will not be migrated:
Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated <without prefixing> if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

Would suggest minor rewording would make this clearer, it does read scary
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Tuck Fheman

Update: All account names registered on or after 2015-06-18 (US Eastern time) will be migrated if and only if they were registered using the BitShares Faucet.

I'm going to assume that's not typed up correctly.

I hope I'm right.