Main > Technical Support

Beginner investing with a small bank roll

(1/2) > >>

mint chocolate chip:

--- Quote from: Pocket Sand on February 12, 2014, 08:10:22 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 12, 2014, 07:58:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: currencydebt on February 12, 2014, 07:42:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 12, 2014, 07:13:13 pm ---In the crypto-world getting a 100x return is possible.  Thus investing $1 in 100 things will break even if you lose 100% on 99 things.    Based on this reasoning, an investor looking to mitigate risk is probably well served by picking 5 of the most promising ideas and investing proportional to their understanding of the idea.

Nothing replaces knowledge if you want to see a return.

--- End quote ---

What are the 5 most promising ideas?
I am sure 1 of them is BTS/PTS/AGS but give us your take on the other 4 you feel are currently the most promisng

--- End quote ---

LOL... there are none that I would invest in.

--- End quote ---
Wise words Dan. Wise words.  :P

--- End quote ---
That's the answer I think I wanted to hear. I was stretched out with investments all over the place, but have recently been consolidating towards riding this wave thinking it will be the one to take me to the promised land.

maqifrnswa:

--- Quote from: jabbajabba on February 12, 2014, 08:53:38 pm ---What i do or what i did in terms of minable coins/"ideas" ;) is to invest in servers on demand and mined the first 48 hours and sell ASAP
*cough* Memorycoin
I did the same as i first heard about Protoshares ...until i researched the background of it and i stayed tuned since then (and didn't sold any PTS anymore)
The same goes for buying in to these ideas (Mastercoin, Counterparty, Ethereum...)
I did my research followed the progress and i still think bitshares is the one to go

--- End quote ---

I agree - my investing has been contrarian (ride the wave and get out while everyone is still exuberant). However, PTS/AGS and DACs are intriguing to me as a "buy-and-hold" investments. I'm looking forward to DACs, then investing will really get fun...

JA:
What i do or what i did in terms of minable coins/"ideas" ;) is to invest in servers on demand and mined the first 48 hours and sell ASAP
*cough* Memorycoin
I did the same as i first heard about Protoshares ...until i researched the background of it and i stayed tuned since then (and didn't sold any PTS anymore)
The same goes for buying in to these ideas (Mastercoin, Counterparty, Ethereum...)
I did my research followed the progress and i still think bitshares is the one to go

Pocket Sand:

--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 12, 2014, 07:58:12 pm ---
--- Quote from: bytemaster on February 12, 2014, 07:13:13 pm ---In the crypto-world getting a 100x return is possible.  Thus investing $1 in 100 things will break even if you lose 100% on 99 things.    Based on this reasoning, an investor looking to mitigate risk is probably well served by picking 5 of the most promising ideas and investing proportional to their understanding of the idea.

--- End quote ---

I am sure 1 of them is BTS/PTS/AGS but give us your take on the other 4 you feel are currently the most promisng

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Wise words Dan. Wise words.  :P

bytemaster:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version