Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Worker Proposal] Blockchain maintenance developer

<< < (3/26) > >>

Digital Lucifer:

--- Quote from: fav on July 14, 2018, 12:22:46 pm ---
--- Quote from: Digital Lucifer on July 14, 2018, 12:01:17 pm ---
--- Quote from: sschiessl on July 14, 2018, 07:54:32 am ---
--- Quote ---It is ready for grading, but later additions that are less integral to the lore correctness of this proposal are planned.

--- End quote ---

I don't understand what you are saying here, could you please elaborate?

--- End quote ---

It's a spam bot. I've been sending Fav PM's on Telegram but he has not removed it yet. :D

--- End quote ---

use the report link please

--- End quote ---

Hahaha, ok i'll raise blind :)

Done.

fav:

--- Quote from: Digital Lucifer on July 14, 2018, 12:01:17 pm ---
--- Quote ---It is ready for grading, but later additions that are less integral to the lore correctness of this proposal are planned.

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

It's a spam bot. I've been sending Fav PM's on Telegram but he has not removed it yet. :D

--- End quote ---

use the report link please

Digital Lucifer:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

sschiessl:

--- End quote ---

dannotestein:

--- Quote from: abit on July 12, 2018, 05:13:34 pm ---
Back to the topic, 7 million BTS seems a bit too huge in comparison to such small bounties. Now we already have a core dev worker to cover the maintenance job which was intention of this worker. Since we haven't yet decided how to use this fund, given the fact that most workers on chain now are being paid via escrows, I propose that we move the remaining funds of this worker to be controlled by an escrow service (for example BBF) or merge it with the core dev worker, if we still want to use it to fund core development / maintenance. We do want experienced project manager and developers to help and contribute, not only funds. On the other hand, if we're going to use it to fund other things, which would be out of this worker's scope, IMHO it's best to re-vote.

--- End quote ---

It's not my intent to use it for small bounties. I only mentioned that particular issue as I considered it of enough significance that I would be willing to fund it as I don't yet have time to assign someone to work on it.

The funds were originally assigned for BlockTrades to perform work it considered of sufficient importance based on my judgement. As such, I consider the funds mainly should still be allocated for such usage, unless I think there's a case where I decide someone can do something of high importance cheaper/easier.

I will not abuse the trust the original voters placed in my judgement by mis-using the funds. But IMO the funds should not be placed in someone else's control unless I make that decision without external pressure. And I would generally feel uncomfortable doing even that, because if I made the wrong decision, the funds could be abused and I would no longer be able to prevent it, so it would have to be someone I trusted at a level that I trust only a few people in this world. I hope you can understand my position on this.

If you feel that more funds need to be allocated to development at the current time, I suggest you create additional worker proposals and seek approval for the same. The great thing about BitShares is we do have an awesome system for polling the will of the holders, even if it has some flaws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version