Author Topic: Mt Gox - Is Graphene the Solution  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
They can either join us, or fight and join this blockchain later. For those who see it, early adopters should have advantages. But if they don't see the opportunity, then let them come around eventually on their own.

The problem is more than that, if you see the statement that was made and assuming it's legit, it's not about seeing the advantages, it's something else.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
They can either join us, or fight and join this blockchain later. For those who see it, early adopters should have advantages. But if they don't see the opportunity, then let them come around eventually on their own.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
So.. could you share why Kraken will never support BitShares? It seems they have Ethereum and it just launched. Does it have anything to do with that?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
I have a business with one of the co-founders of Kraken.  I was told under no circumstance will they work with us.  Ever.

I'm interested in their reasons as well.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I have a business with one of the co-founders of Kraken.  I was told under no circumstance will they work with us.  Ever.

I dunno.. people change when you show them the money... but that sounds so final.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Akado

• View Profile

Could you tell us their reasons? From that statement (which I might be taking too literally), it seems there's not even a remote chance of cooperation or sorting whatever it is to be sorted out between BitShares and Kraken, which seems strange assuming we all want crypto to succeed.

If two entities can help each other mutually, provide a better service and have more profit, which I'm assuming it would be the case, it just doesn't seem rational at all not to do that.

I guess they have their reasons, I'm just curious why. Are they developing something similar to BitShares? Makes me sad because I enjoy Kraken quite a bit, never had a problem with them.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Harsh!

I know, right?  That's what I said.

Did he expand on the reasons motivating such an answer?

and are their investors aware that they don't care about new revenue models?

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile

Harsh!

Did he expand on the reasons motivating such an answer?

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Harsh!

iHashFury

Harsh!

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Hmm .. I don't think we have a big chance there .. Mainly because of Kraken.com being a bigger partner of the post-mtGox ara .. and Kraken.com either sees us as an enemy or does not understand our tech (yet?) ..
i dont think they see us as their enemy since if they used bitshares, they would only get a better service. What we are missing is contacts with them i guess. An exchange as Big as kraken wont pay attention to tickets or mails to the support asking to implement bitshares, it needa to be asomething done face to face, have a real meeting or through Skype or something.

What if cnx contacyed them and ask kraken to test the graphene toolkit on a Gox chain, kinda like a subsidiary. Then if it worked out they would move onto the kraken exchange itself. This, assuming krakenn has any influence on the "New" Gox and if they ever pull it out. Lots of ifs, however it would be an exchange worth contacting. Either way in the future if the referral program works which im very positive about and as more business and People join the Bitshares network, i believe those exchanges Will eventually join. If we provide a better service and the ones using bitshares prosper, the others like anything else in the world, Will have to adapt. We just have to wait A long waiting game

iHashFury

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hmm .. I don't think we have a big chance there .. Mainly because of Kraken.com being a bigger partner of the post-mtGox ara .. and Kraken.com either sees us as an enemy or does not understand our tech (yet?) ..

Offline lakerta06

I would be surprised if Larimers did not already make at least a meeting on the subject.