Author Topic: Collateral Holder Accounts  (Read 4177 times)

Offline svk

Oh boy .. there is so much more documentation required inside the wallet .. I hardly can keep up with all the work .. sorry for the inconvenience ..

It is not any kind of documentation, it is the pop up itself containing the wrong info...and I am 99% sure it was not written by you/Dan or drltc.

Looks like you're wrong and Bytemaster wrote it: https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/commit/811402498ec1cb9da37258d6f2d6ae0722bd753b

But if there's something wrong with the info it would be more helpful if you tell us what it is.

Even better, you could correct it yourself here:  https://github.com/cryptonomex/graphene-ui/blob/811402498ec1cb9da37258d6f2d6ae0722bd753b/help/en/components/BorrowModal.md

I think if you make a Github account you can edit it directly and propose a change.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Oh boy .. there is so much more documentation required inside the wallet .. I hardly can keep up with all the work .. sorry for the inconvenience ..

It is not any kind of documentation, it is the pop up itself containing the wrong info...and I am 99% sure it was not written by you/Dan or drltc.
Yea .. actually in the gui all text paragraphs are stored in the help/ folder and are then loaded into the GUI .. hence for me it is 'documentation' :)

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
every account has a single open short order .. if you imported a open short order you see that as a new account with *-collateral-holder-*
those accounts are SHORT an asset .. and have the collateral locked in the account .. the locked collateral cannot be moved.. the position can only be closed to release the collateral

closing a position is essentially reducing your collateral ratio to 0 which requires the account to have enough bitassets to do so ..

xeroc, the problem is you cannot move the UN-locked collateral as it say the account is not yours.... but someone posted that he will have a fix, tomorrow.
Oh .. thanks for bringing this to my attention .. it should definitely not be that way.

And please do not let me start on the non-sense written on this collateral-adjustment pop-up....grrr

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
haven't tried yet but I would pretty much assume it would end up the the very same account *-collateral-holder-*

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
every account has a single open short order .. if you imported a open short order you see that as a new account with *-collateral-holder-*
those accounts are SHORT an asset .. and have the collateral locked in the account .. the locked collateral cannot be moved.. the position can only be closed to release the collateral

closing a position is essentially reducing your collateral ratio to 0 which requires the account to have enough bitassets to do so ..

xeroc, the problem is you cannot move the UN-locked collateral as it say the account is not yours.... but someone posted that he will have a fix, tomorrow.

And please do not let me start on the non-sense written on this collateral-adjustment pop-up....grrr
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 03:32:45 am by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline wmbutler

• View Profile
    • Music City Bitcoins
  • GitHub: wmbutler
When you close the account, where does the collateral go?
PTS: PnBVP1iLTsV6U8z4BeJYhF8jMpkLhtTi9r
BTS2.0: billbutler
There are 10 kinds of people. Those who understand binary and those who do not.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

clout

@bytemaster, @svk, someone answer this. I've been asking about this since the september testnet. I figured this would be fixed by now. For the entirety of this projects shorts have gotten the shaft, which goes poorly since shorts are invaluable to the creation of the bitasset product.

clout

I have several collateral holder accounts. When I try to transfer funds from them the GUI prevents me from doing so and says that they are not my accounts. What are the logistics of managing funds from collateral holder accounts?

Additionally, what are the logistics of closing positions. If I close a position is the collateral sold on the open market or does the bitassest just cease to exist. I closed one position that I had created by shorting to myself and it seemed like the latter occurred.