Main > Technical Support

AGS potential security issue

(1/9) > >>

testz:

--- Quote from: toast on June 04, 2014, 04:03:08 pm ---I feel like I've read that suggestion like 4 times already.

Yes, having a tool to sign the transaction outside the 3rd party DAC is a good idea. I think nobody is discussing it because it seems obvious...

--- End quote ---

Look like new etherum use same idea  :)
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563925.0

--- Quote ---13.  But I don’t trust you with my bitcoin private keys.

There is no need to trust us.  Simply sign an æther address under your control with a bitcoin private key using whatever wallet you are comfortable with (e.g., blockchain.info, Armory, etc.,) and paste the resulting signature into the æthereum client.

--- End quote ---

xeroc:

--- Quote from: toast on June 04, 2014, 04:03:08 pm ---I feel like I've read that suggestion like 4 times already.

Yes, having a tool to sign the transaction outside the 3rd party DAC is a good idea. I think nobody is discussing it because it seems obvious...

--- End quote ---
+5%

toast:
I feel like I've read that suggestion like 4 times already.

xeroc:

--- Quote from: Stan on June 04, 2014, 02:55:57 am ---
--- Quote from: sfinder on June 04, 2014, 02:53:35 am ---how can we protect our AGS private key while claiming shares from  3rd party DAC?

--- End quote ---

Aye.  There's the right question to be discussing.

--- End quote ---

We already do (obviously unnoticed):
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4737.msg61330#msg61330

Could you (@Stan or @Bytemaster) comment on Freetrades idea?

Stan:

--- Quote from: asenski on June 04, 2014, 04:03:03 am ---So help me understand - PTS doesn't have regulatory issues because it was mined, not issued? And in retrospect - AGS might have regulatory issues, because it was directly funded?

I'm asking because from a technical perspective I don't see any issues implementing this. It seems that you guys are avoiding it like a hot potato, but if that's what your lawyers said then I guess it explains the resistance on your part.

--- End quote ---

Don't get us wrong.  As serious AGS holders we would benefit from having them be liquid.  But we stated multiple reasons, among which are regulatory considerations.

Watch for Parts 2 and 3 of "Happy Birthday BitShares."  You'll get more insights there.

In the mean time, I'll point out that, as a ProtoDAC, XTS will make AGS partly liquid, since all BitShares X variants will be derived from it.  Over time, other ProtoDAC families will do the same.  See our March Newsletter for detail on the concept of ProtoDAC families and DAC industry sectors.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version