Main > Stakeholder Proposals

[Worker Proposal] Blockchain maintenance developer

(1/26) > >>

dannotestein:

--- Quote from: Thul3 on December 21, 2019, 06:58:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: dannotestein on December 21, 2019, 06:35:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: finn-bts on December 21, 2019, 12:14:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thul3 on December 21, 2019, 11:41:59 am ---Didn't you posted before that you are going to send back to reserve pool when the amount gets to big ?

I guess 7 million bts could be considered as to big

--- End quote ---
As if he wasn't going to do that, he thought he had a right to the money.

--- End quote ---
To Thul3:
No, I didn't ever make such a statement.  You seem to be confused. The amount is not currently accumulating, it hit the total amount of 7 million BTS long ago (years ago). In the last discussion where it was talked abou a while ago, I made it clear: I'm only holding the accumulated funds for possible use to help the chain if necessary.

To finn-bts: If I thought I had a right to spend the BTS for my own use, I would have sold it when I sold my own funds. Please use some common sense.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---It was always my plan to refund unused pay from the worker
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---If the amount builds up to an amount I consider excessive, I'll simply send some back to the reserve account.

At this moment, I've allocated $1000 USD equivalent of BTS (actual amount paid will depend on BTS price at time of payment) from the fund for BlockTrade's work on the memo key bug. I'm also planning to spend some from this account to partially pay for work being done on adding the ability to distribute dividends to UIA holders. Beyond that, we'll just be on the lookout for other problems that arise or a compelling feature that seems to have community support that can be added at relatively low cost.

--- End quote ---

So a few months back the 7 million bts were worth arround $500k
Before that it was even worth more than a million USD .

--- End quote ---
The price of BTS has been incredibly volatile, as I would guess you should know. If I had been certain the price would have stayed so high, it would have made sense to send it back to the reserve pool. But as time has shown, the current value is about $110K, which I don't consider a lot if serious problems arose, but enough.

Thul3:

--- Quote from: dannotestein on December 21, 2019, 06:35:04 pm ---
--- Quote from: Thul3 on December 21, 2019, 11:41:59 am ---Didn't you posted before that you are going to send back to reserve pool when the amount gets to big ?

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
To Thul3:
No, I didn't ever make such a statement.  You seem to be confused. The amount is not currently accumulating, it hit the total amount of 7 million BTS long ago (years ago). In the last discussion where it was talked abou a while ago, I made it clear: I'm only holding the accumulated funds for possible use to help the chain if necessary.

To finn-bts: If I thought I had a right to spend the BTS for my own use, I would have sold it when I sold my own funds. Please use some common sense.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---It was always my plan to refund unused pay from the worker
--- End quote ---

--- Quote ---If the amount builds up to an amount I consider excessive, I'll simply send some back to the reserve account.

At this moment, I've allocated $1000 USD equivalent of BTS (actual amount paid will depend on BTS price at time of payment) from the fund for BlockTrade's work on the memo key bug. I'm also planning to spend some from this account to partially pay for work being done on adding the ability to distribute dividends to UIA holders. Beyond that, we'll just be on the lookout for other problems that arise or a compelling feature that seems to have community support that can be added at relatively low cost.

--- End quote ---

So a few months back the 7 million bts were worth arround $500k
Before that it was even worth more than a million USD .

--- Quote ---I'm only holding the accumulated funds for possible use to help the chain if necessary.
--- End quote ---
So there should be no problem to push the BTS to the new core team?

http://archive.ph/T7TEw

dannotestein:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
To Thul3:

finn-bts:

--- End quote ---

Thul3:
Didn't you posted before that you are going to send back to reserve pool when the amount gets to big ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version