Author Topic: Memorycoin Update v3.0 - The Market Correction is Coming!  (Read 18256 times)

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
You really think your code is that valuable that it needs to be closed? Lol people compete on innovation. Are you saying NoirBits just copied MMC and had no innovation whatsoever?

Interesting that, I seem to remember 3 attempts at communication with my intent being to form a partnership then a merger later. There wasn't much of a response so I went ahead with my plans. I even wanted to use MMC implementation of momentum with an eye for merged mining in the future.

The community as a whole is falling apart due to lack of cooperation between leaders and developers. So to clear the air
1) check the about section of NoirShares you'll see that MemoryCoin devs are mentioned among others.

2 ) let's stop trying to make it on our own, cooperation is a surer bet.

By the way I had asked that you join our meeting and details of the meeting were published on our forum, mentioning NRS and hoping to create a partnership of some kind in the presented material.

It's still available here:
http://shrine.mmc-square.com/MMCDEV/mmcmeeting.7z

Some of these items have been changed since it was presented so don't worry about the change in supply in that-
Most of those ideas are now in the TODO topic list in the technical section of our closed Officer Board.

Since you've credited Memorycoin for using our code I hope to keep the open source model that we have, and believe that we can trust the open-source community, as long as they credit our code for usage (exactly where it's used).

I shall be updating the code on github shortly with the v3 adjustments.

That's great, I'll PM you in a day or two. I have been tied up IRL but that's coming to a close soon.  A lot of effort has been wasted by having so many different communities, I'm hoping bridging the gaps will bring forth better results.
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
Since you've credited Memorycoin for using our code I hope to keep the open source model that we have, and believe that we can trust the open-source community, as long as they credit our code for usage (exactly where it's used).

+1
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
You really think your code is that valuable that it needs to be closed? Lol people compete on innovation. Are you saying NoirBits just copied MMC and had no innovation whatsoever?

Interesting that, I seem to remember 3 attempts at communication with my intent being to form a partnership then a merger later. There wasn't much of a response so I went ahead with my plans. I even wanted to use MMC implementation of momentum with an eye for merged mining in the future.

The community as a whole is falling apart due to lack of cooperation between leaders and developers. So to clear the air
1) check the about section of NoirShares you'll see that MemoryCoin devs are mentioned among others.

By the way I had asked that you join our meeting and details of the meeting were published on our forum, mentioning NRS and hoping to create a partnership of some kind in the presented material.

It's still available here:
http://shrine.mmc-square.com/MMCDEV/mmcmeeting.7z

Some of these items have been changed since it was presented so don't worry about the change in supply in that-
Most of those ideas are now in the TODO topic list in the technical section of our closed Officer Board.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 12:25:42 pm by Delinquency »

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
I completely support the idea of MMC 3.0 and if we can come to an understanding, I will join the development team. I do have some suggestions you may wish to consider.

1) start a new chain , altcoins are different from BTC in that once an alt becomes settled, forking it leaves many behind.

2) (if I am part of this) let's really pull together some communities, instead of MMC and NRS only, lets have a larger sharebase. Those who wish to participate should burn their existing coins on their respective chains and will be allocated in MMC 3.0

3) if 2 is done, lets use a different name.

4) maybe consider BTSX as a model, I hear good things about DPoS

5) honor the social consensus, allocating 10% each to PTS/AGS, and I fully support this partnership. I'd burn all my MMC (approx. 0.3% of total supply, give or take) to be part of such a project.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
I completely support the idea of MMC 3.0 and if we can come to an understanding, I will join the development team. I do have some suggestions you may wish to consider.

1) start a new chain , altcoins are different from BTC in that once an alt becomes settled, forking it leaves many behind.

2) (if I am part of this) let's really pull together some communities, instead of MMC and NRS only, lets have a larger sharebase. Those who wish to participate should burn their existing coins on their respective chains and will be allocated in MMC 3.0

3) if 2 is done, lets use a different name.

4) maybe consider BTSX as a model, I hear good things about DPoS

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
I've been thinking... so far, I can't see any positive reactions to your announcement. OTOH several people have criticized your decision to go closed source.

Now, you're planning a hardfork. A fork has more than one prong, though. It may well happen that Memorycoin-2 retains the majority of its current users and the Memorycoin-3 fork is largely ignored. What's your plan B for that?

The old network would suffer from faulty supply. The 10 million cap would be hit on the 56th week since launch, not 2 years.

The fixes we have applied are obviously meant to repair the network before that could happen, and suit investors so that the 10 million coin cap is hit after one year, instead of two years.

I have prepared these data based on preliminary work I've done on the code. I created this spreadsheet to outline the future of Memorycoin v2's supply schedule.

The original supply schedule of Memorycoin is described in the spreadsheet below.
https://mmc-square.com/318.0/a374/faultsupplyv2.xlsx

Discussion:
https://mmc-square.com/ceo/11/memorycoin-update-v3-0-market-correction-coming/318/msg1602#msg1602
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 05:40:00 pm by Delinquency »

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I've been thinking... so far, I can't see any positive reactions to your announcement. OTOH several people have criticized your decision to go closed source.

Now, you're planning a hardfork. A fork has more than one prong, though. It may well happen that Memorycoin-2 retains the majority of its current users and the Memorycoin-3 fork is largely ignored. What's your plan B for that?
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Thanks for clearing that up with everyone, emre.

And itsik78 I'm surprised that you still hold your MMC. You think that MMC will go up so you can profit.

Offline emre

• View Profile
LICENSE is MIT.

afaik, MIT permits closing source as long as you keep a copy of license with the application/program you distribute.

I am sorry that you still hold your MMC - I dumped all when freeTrade was fired from the CEO position, and I see now that was a good call.

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
lol, closed source.
I'm not loling.. Since I still haven't sold any of my MMC... :)
I really hope they'll wake up.
By the way, I'm pretty sure that closing the source that is derived from an open source (Bitcoin -> Protoshares -> MemoryCoin) is illegal and fails to comply with the code license...

Offline itsik78

• View Profile
lol, closed source.
I'm not loling.. Since I still haven't sold any of my MMC... :)
I really hope they'll wake up.

Offline emre

• View Profile

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Is the fork date/bockno decided upon?

73920, set off at about two weeks from now.

Offline reorder

• View Profile