Author Topic: Hmmmm....appears Coinbase just reared its head as competition  (Read 2687 times)

Offline VoR0220

Coinbase was offering referral fees a while back.  I think they stopped and may just be re-instituting them with different parameters.

Either way, I don't think it should be considered competition.

Bitshares 2.0 will be a superior referral system because the referrers will get a piece of every transaction fee going forward instead of just a one-time pay-off once a certain threshold has been met

Really? This had flown right over my head. Could you explain?
The referral reward is dependent on the transaction fees paid by the user you signed up.
You get 80% of their fees, and 80% of the premium upgrade (~$100) if they choose to do so. This way it is advantages to actually teach users how they can benefit from bts and get them to use it as much as possible

ahhhh....I didn't know that. Makes much more sense why the model is going the way it is currently going.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Coinbase was offering referral fees a while back.  I think they stopped and may just be re-instituting them with different parameters.

Bitshares 2.0 will be a superior referral system because the referrers will get a piece of every transaction fee going forward instead of just a one-time pay-off once a certain threshold has been met

The referral reward is dependent on the transaction fees paid by the user you signed up.
You get 80% of their fees, and 80% of the premium upgrade (~$100) if they choose to do so. This way it is advantages to actually teach users how they can benefit from bts and get them to use it as much as possible
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline VoR0220

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jayzio

• View Profile
  • BitShares: jayzio

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Not competition.  They are a fiat gateway bringing money into the crypto space.

exactly, and helping bring merchants into crypto

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Not competition.  They are a fiat gateway bringing money into the crypto space.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
good for them spending their own money to draw more people into crypto. BTC is still the gateway into crypto, and the path new money would take to get to us, so the more capital flow the better!

otherwise, coinbase is just a BTC exchange and merchant payment processor...not really our competition :)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Not really competition.

What can you buy at Coinbase?

see.
You own the network, but who pays for development?