Author Topic: Hello / Delegate fees & Burning BTS Questions  (Read 1008 times)

Offline benc

• View Profile
 Hey Friends,

My name is Ben and I am interning for Follow My Vote/ Bitshares in the Blacksburg Office. I am helping out with QA Testing and trying to get to a level where I can aid in development for the team as a whole.

My first set of questions is in regards to how delegate fees are awarded. If I make a transaction and I pay into the fee pool, how is this distributed to the delegates? Are these fees subject to the delegate pay percentage or are they exempt? Do the delegates get a set amount from the fee pool or is it based upon either the amount in the pool or the amount of transactions conducted in the last block produced?

My  second set of questions is in regards to the burning of BTS. How does burning BTS factor into the "cap" of BTS that can be produced. I know that by burning BTS, we reduce the overall supply of BTS in existence at the current moment and thus increase the value of the BTS that we do own. Do we as owners of BTS (and shareholders of the DAC ) know how many shares have been burned. In essence, I'm asking if we will ever really know or be able to predict the amount of BTS that will be in existence in the future. If you factor in the BTS frozen into bitUSD or other Market Pegged assets we never really get a good idea of what the true Market Cap of BitShares is.

I am also interested in knowing how the "burning" of an asset is marked on the blockchain. Is there a certain label that these BTS are affixed with so the blockchain knows they are deleted?

I hope these questions make sense and there are some answers that can be sorted out. I look forward to learning more and helping out BTS in the future.

Cheers,
Ben