Author Topic: Bitshares price discussion  (Read 905408 times)

Tuck Fheman

I might be able to do that with you guys when 2.0 comes out and I can get a client to work more reliably.

I'm stuck in wallet hell right now myself and haven't been able to access my funds for days.  :-\

Update : Finally got it going again!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 09:46:55 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

I play the pullbacks too.... by shorting bitUSD

I might be able to do that with you guys when 2.0 comes out and I can get a client to work more reliably.  Still, shorting bitUSD is a margin long, which I dont like.  I'd be more likely to convert to bitUSD at highs than to try short at lows.
The internal exchange isn't really liquid enough, but if you wanted to a $10 a month DO server is enough to run a backend to a webwallet.

And pretty easy to set up. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I play the pullbacks too.... by shorting bitUSD

I might be able to do that with you guys when 2.0 comes out and I can get a client to work more reliably.  Still, shorting bitUSD is a margin long, which I dont like.  I'd be more likely to convert to bitUSD at highs than to try short at lows.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Hint given.. Its a baby bull! Aww
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline denzi

• View Profile
Blazin is very helpfull  if you look at him from the other coner)) If he said that BTS will be 1500 its meen that it wiil be growth to 3500. its a signal

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
... with me having millions of it. ;)
I wish I had millions .. :-/

Offline Ander

• View Profile
mf-tzo. I've never shorted BTS. 
I'm withdrawing every day from polo but can only get about 300k a day off. 

If i sell 1/3 of my BTS and then it goes to the moon, then Bitshares still went to the moon with me having millions of it. ;)

I appreciate the concern.  Any time somoene else says they sold at a time I think its about to go up, I get worried for them too ;)

I am just trying to beat the other traders so they have less BTS to sell.  I dont plan to sell out of mine for a very long time, and only a bit at a time once its a lot higher.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Sold some near 2600 this morning to try and play the expected pullback.  Got some when it dropped, but then had to buy the rest back higher so it ended up being about a wash.  Glad to see BTS rise beginning. :)

Be careful with what you are doing mate. The other day you mentioned selling 2 mil bts and buy them back.
1. that is a huge amount of bts  (at least for me) to keep on an external exchange.
2. you may get f.. when suddenly a bullish wave comes and you may end up not being able to buy back and pay much more later on just to make a small profit and lose all the upside. I would not like to see this happening to you since you are part of the bitshares family..people who short now bts should get margin called again and again until they realize what they missed.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Sold some near 2600 this morning to try and play the expected pullback.  Got some when it dropped, but then had to buy the rest back higher so it ended up being about a wash.  Glad to see BTS rise beginning. :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Actually you are wrong. The charts indicate heavy selling and the price is on the downtrend. The sell pressure has slowly been growing all day.

Thank you. We are all refreshed and challenged by your point of view.

:D

Tuck Fheman

Not trying to...

I was being facetious.

I used to have a disclaimer.  :P

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
You have it backwards.  Declining volume is exactly what you want to see during a retracement.  Increasing volume on the way down would be a bad sign.  So in fact the chart looks very bullish.  And your overall analysis is infantile.

Looks like we are heading face first to the floor. 1500 SAT by next friday. Market volume has continued to fall over the past 48hours and I dont see any reason for people to continue to speculate or buy BTS until we see the final product at 2.0.

Actually you are wrong. The charts indicate heavy selling and the price is on the downtrend. The sell pressure has slowly been growing all day.

You should go back at look at what the BTS price did in the week leading up to the release of BitAssets on the 25th of August  last year...

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/bitshares/#charts

BTSX went from $16 million on Aug 14th to a high of $109 million on Aug 26th 02:00. 

While I expect the price rise to be much much less to start with BTS 2.0, the tendency for BTS and other alts is to rise leading into a big release and then rise more if it works well.

Nevertheless here we are again at $15 million just a few weeks before a big release...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 02:37:50 am by Empirical1.2 »
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline Blazin8888

You have it backwards.  Declining volume is exactly what you want to see during a retracement.  Increasing volume on the way down would be a bad sign.  So in fact the chart looks very bullish.  And your overall analysis is infantile.

Looks like we are heading face first to the floor. 1500 SAT by next friday. Market volume has continued to fall over the past 48hours and I dont see any reason for people to continue to speculate or buy BTS until we see the final product at 2.0.

Offline tbone

• View Profile
  • BitShares: tbone2

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile

Lol. If only that were true then we could all buy more.
If you want to take the island burn the boats