Author Topic: Bitshres Price question  (Read 1930 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I bought Bitshares with Bitcoin BTC/BTS now Bitcoin is rising for some reason and what if the market cap stays the same with Bitshares? Does that mean if I go to sell my Bitshares they will be worth less since Bitcoin is going up in value? So if Bitcoin goes back up to $1000 and nothing changes with Bitshares that means Bitshares will be worth 5 times less since Bitcoin went up 5 times in value?

I'll try to explain it as simply as possible ...

+5%
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
Thank you that makes me feel better
If I buy and sell Bitshares on an exchange with Bitcoin BTC/BTS and Bitcoin rises to $1000 in value does that make the price of Bitshares less, is the price of bitshares effected by the price of Bitcoin?

Or will the value of BTS won't be effected it will just mean when you cash out you will receive less bitcoin because Bitcoin will go upon value. So basically Bitshares price is only effected by marketcap and available supply and demand of bitters?

It is option 2... If you buy BTS and the value of Bitcoin goes to a $1000 - the value of BTS won't necessarily be effected and when you cash out you will receive less Bitcoin.

If BTS is successful though it could vastly outperform Bitcoin.

The market is still not very liquid, but if you like you can buy BitBTC in the BitShares wallet...

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/BTC_BTS

BitBTC should maintain the value of BTC, if you sometimes want Bitcoin exposure. (There is also BitUSD and other currencies which hold their respective values.)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
If I buy and sell Bitshares on an exchange with Bitcoin BTC/BTS and Bitcoin rises to $1000 in value does that make the price of Bitshares less, is the price of bitshares effected by the price of Bitcoin?

Or will the value of BTS won't be effected it will just mean when you cash out you will receive less bitcoin because Bitcoin will go upon value. So basically Bitshares price is only effected by marketcap and available supply and demand of bitters?

It is option 2... If you buy BTS and the value of Bitcoin goes to a $1000 - the value of BTS won't necessarily be effected and when you cash out you will receive less Bitcoin.

If BTS is successful though it could vastly outperform Bitcoin.

The market is still not very liquid, but if you like you can buy BitBTC in the BitShares wallet...

https://bitshares.openledger.info/#/exchange/trade/BTC_BTS

BitBTC should maintain the value of BTC, if you sometimes want Bitcoin exposure. (There is also BitUSD and other currencies which hold their respective values.)

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline jstone6626

fiat is still king, so I think all altcoins will go down when BTC rises. 

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile
You can't sell Bitshares in USD and if you could no where has enough volume to do that

Price is always a relative term.  When you talk about price you are always comparing two values.  It is perfectly possible for the price of bts to fall compared to Btc while remaining constant compared to USD.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
Price is always a relative term.  When you talk about price you are always comparing two values.  It is perfectly possible for the price of bts to fall compared to Btc while remaining constant compared to USD. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

I bought Bitshares with Bitcoin BTC/BTS now Bitcoin is rising for some reason and what if the market cap stays the same with Bitshares? Does that mean if I go to sell my Bitshares they will be worth less since Bitcoin is going up in value? So if Bitcoin goes back up to $1000 and nothing changes with Bitshares that means Bitshares will be worth 5 times less since Bitcoin went up 5 times in value?

I'll try to explain it as simply as possible ...

Offline Marketorder

• View Profile

« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 05:22:19 pm by Marketorder »