Author Topic: Witness Communication Platform (Brownie Quest--Completed by @Cube!)  (Read 20133 times)

Offline Thom

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Is it possible to disable notifications for certain Telegram groups and not others?

Yes. Go into that group, finger on the menu, select 'mute notifications' if you choose to mute it.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline Thom

Is it possible to disable notifications for certain Telegram groups and not others?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline cube

• View Profile
This webhook on bitshares-2 repo would let the witness Slack group to be notified on commits to Master and bitshares branches.

"Enter https://hooks.slack.com/services/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 as the Payload URL. Ensure that the Content type is application/json and that SSL verfication is enabled. You can choose the events that you'd like to trigger notifications, but only commits."

We can assign notifications to a specific channel or let each one choose to be notified by personal messages. I like it more than individually becoming a Watcher on github as this would trigger coordination from witnesses.

Wonderful!  I can see things can get really more streamlined if this can be linked up.

Offline rnglab

• View Profile
  • BitShares: rnglab
This webhook on bitshares-2 repo would let the witness Slack group to be notified on commits to Master and bitshares branches.

"Enter https://hooks.slack.com/services/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 as the Payload URL. Ensure that the Content type is application/json and that SSL verfication is enabled. You can choose the events that you'd like to trigger notifications, but only commits."

We can assign notifications to a specific channel or let each one choose to be notified by personal messages. I like it more than individually becoming a Watcher on github as this would trigger coordination from witnesses.

Offline cube

• View Profile
I think we out to have another group ONLY for important alerts, something like @bitshares_alerts or @witness_alerts.

I agree such a channel would be very useful.  I created an witness announcements/alerts channel and invited all you guys in.  There will be no chats there except important or urgent annoucements.  Currently we have 18 active witnesses there. 

Offline Thom

Don't know how you're coming up with your list, but I and wackou are both receiving notifications. I haven't yet entered the @ list of other witnesses into my Telegram contacts. I'll take care of that now. What groups should I subscribe to?

Thom, you are not located in the telegram's witness channel. You may be in the 'general bitshares' channel where there are just too many users to go through.  What is your username in telegram?

Thanks cube, I was just looking for the witness group here in the forum. What is the name of that group? I will add myself there if you can tell me what it is. My telegram name is "Thomas Freedman".

The group name is Bitshares_Witnesses.  I think "Thomas Freedman" is your name in telegram and not a username there. A username is written as '@somename' in your telegram profile.

I wasn't able to find the group with search, but roadscape added me to it. I see what wackou means, it is a rather chatty group. I think we out to have another group ONLY for important alerts, something like @bitshares_alerts or @witness_alerts.

Offline cube

• View Profile

Don't know how you're coming up with your list, but I and wackou are both receiving notifications. I haven't yet entered the @ list of other witnesses into my Telegram contacts. I'll take care of that now. What groups should I subscribe to?

Thom, you are not located in the telegram's witness channel. You may be in the 'general bitshares' channel where there are just too many users to go through.  What is your username in telegram?

Thanks cube, I was just looking for the witness group here in the forum. What is the name of that group? I will add myself there if you can tell me what it is. My telegram name is "Thomas Freedman".

The group name is Bitshares_Witnesses.  I think "Thomas Freedman" is your name in telegram and not a username there. A username is written as '@somename' in your telegram profile.

Offline Thom

Offline cube

• View Profile

Thom, you are not located in the telegram's witness channel. You may be in the 'general bitshares' channel where there are just too many users to go through. Sorry I missed your username. What is your username in telegram?

That means the only members missing are: twitter, pc, dannotestein, iHashFury, Fox, maqifrnswa, triox, Thom, wackou, and the owner of "delegated-proof-of-steak". Is this correct? How shall we reach them?

pc, triox, ihashfury and wackou are in the slack group.  The rest are pending invite acceptance.  I believe delegated-proof-of-steak is a dev.

Edit: bue is now in both telegram and slack.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 10:56:32 pm by cube »

Offline Thom

cube, who is missing from Telegram chat? I'm not sure who some people are.. their names do not indicate their witness.

Telegram witness group: roadscape, data security node, clayop, rnglab, spartako, holytran, puppy, mragsexplorer, abit, bhuz, xeldal, mindphux, elmato, spectral, lafona, harvey, cube

That means the only members missing are: twitter, pc, dannotestein, iHashFury, Fox, maqifrnswa, triox, Thom, wackou, and the owner of "delegated-proof-of-steak". Is this correct? How shall we reach them?

Fuzzy.. how 'private' does it need to be?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The answer is simple... use Telegram.. and if a witness is not in telegram he gets voted out.

Most of them are there.. it is thin, cross platform, mobile, P2P, and more secure than slack.

It has notifications built in.. and we already have Sparko who developed a monitoring app that plugs into it.. so we can all keep an eye on each others operations.

We have a telegram room for Witnesses only already too.

I am still voted out so I guess my suggestion is moot. :)

Nonetheless.. this to me is the most efficient course of action... if you make joining telegram a part of being voted in then you will be left with only witnesses that are in there.. which to me seems about right.

I hope this has been helpful in some way.... votes can be removed for everyone who is not there now.. just like with the sudden fork those that couldn't respond within the hour lost their votes and were no longer witnesses.. likewise if witnesses are active they will know this is coming and get in telegram NOW.

Much 2 BTS.

But it will also force them to use only one platform into the future. Maybe you can approach the rest and get them into telegram and win the brownies? Or use the brownie reward to get them onboard by paying them to join? Better to reward than punish :)

I do like telegram whats going on in telegram though. :)

telegram is growing like crazy as a secure P2P messenger.. the only thing that is centralized is their auth and that is closed unfortunately. Rest is open and ad free.. you can make modified versions too.

We will move to a blockchain based telegram once its ready.. for at least the next several months I think its going to be effective as an instant notification method for witnesses to work together.

RSS is too slow in comparison.. very few readers are instant... except slack.

I think Thoms suggestion to work in telegram with slack as backup is decent for now too.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline roadscape

cube, who is missing from Telegram chat? I'm not sure who some people are.. their names do not indicate their witness.

Telegram witness group: roadscape, data security node, clayop, rnglab, spartako, holytran, puppy, mragsexplorer, abit, bhuz, xeldal, mindphux, elmato, spectral, lafona, harvey, cube

Fuzzy.. how 'private' does it need to be?
http://cryptofresh.com  |  witness: roadscape

Offline cube

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

The answer is simple... use Telegram.. and if a witness is not in telegram he gets voted out.

Most of them are there.. it is thin, cross platform, mobile, P2P, and more secure than slack.

It has notifications built in.. and we already have Sparko who developed a monitoring app that plugs into it.. so we can all keep an eye on each others operations.

We have a telegram room for Witnesses only already too.

I am still voted out so I guess my suggestion is moot. :)

Nonetheless.. this to me is the most efficient course of action... if you make joining telegram a part of being voted in then you will be left with only witnesses that are in there.. which to me seems about right.

I hope this has been helpful in some way.... votes can be removed for everyone who is not there now.. just like with the sudden fork those that couldn't respond within the hour lost their votes and were no longer witnesses.. likewise if witnesses are active they will know this is coming and get in telegram NOW.

Much 2 BTS.

If a witness gets voted out, do they need to be removed from the group? If anyone can join, how do we control spam? We need a channel for nothing but announcements... that channel could be PM, Slack, or Telegram.. just as long as I know that if I get paged, it's important.

Rss notifications would be epic.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D