Author Topic: [Strategic Planning Initiative] Establishing short and long term goals  (Read 943 times)

clout

Short Term

1. Elect People to the Committee
2. Establish a public list of proxies with their voting platform

Long Term

1. To the moon.
2. ??
3.  Profit!!

Thanks BM, I've added your goals to the list although moon and profit are a given lol

Offline bytemaster

Short Term

1. Elect People to the Committee
2. Establish a public list of proxies with their voting platform

Long Term

1. To the moon.
2. ??
3.  Profit!!

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

In another post I have identified some of the task and responsibilities that need to be better managed by the community so we can ensure the best outcomes for Bitshares. Please see my post on Outlining Roles and Responsibilities for more details.

One of the key roles of any organization is that of strategic planning, which will allows us to better assess what our objectives are and how to effectively meet those objectives.

I would like to begin this strategic planning initiative by putting together a comprehensive list of short and long term goals. We can define short term as being less than 6 months and long term as being after six month.

Please take the time provide a prioritized list of what you feel are Bitshares' short and long term goals. The more specific the goals the better.

I will add responses to the list in the OP.

We need to establish consensus among the community now more than ever. Please contribute. Your voice needs to be heard.

Short Term:
1) Establish a public list of proxies with their voting platform
2) Elect People to the Committee
3) Improve GUI to provide comparable functionality as other exchanges
4) Onboard more gateways and bridges
5) Increase annual and lifetime membership
6) Convert exchanges into bitshares gateways
7) Improve fee structure, including but not limited to:
 - Deposit and withdrawal fee (currently ~2% both ways)
 - Reduce spread between gateway assets and their bitasset counterpart (in general we want a tighter spread in all markets)
 - Make fees proportional to trade value (requires hard fork)
8) Increase market volume of BTS
9) Increase market volume of bitasset markets both on the internal and external exchange
10) Reduce the spread in all internal markets

Long Term:
1) Increase BTS market cap to secure 4th place or better among all crypto projects.
2) Provide services for additional markets such as:
- prediction markets
- private market (management of private company cap tables)
- property registration
- lotteries and games of chance
- transportation tokens
3) Average greater than $100k daily volume on internal market
4)Consolidate the order book of three or more medium to large exchanges
5) Acquire gateways in the US with money transmitter licenses
6)Acquire gateways that allow for ATM, ACH and debit card withdrawal and deposit of bitassets

Here is the link to the google doc that contains the list:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s1jnB39q7PP2MlIrO5trP3uM33M0F9ELTyWTYN8_pSQ/edit?usp=sharing

EDIT: Adding list items on the forum is actually a pain. I have set up a google document that is comment only. Please either comment on the doc or post in this thread. Thanks.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2015, 06:01:32 pm by clout »