Author Topic: Are we going to be the first, bitAPPLE (article)  (Read 16347 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Dividend feed?

surely possible and maybe worthwhile. i wonder if Bitshares had sufficient trading volume that a bitMSFT or whatever would see the shorting interest rate roughly equal the dividend rate? that'd be an interesting experiment. the nature of shorting assets into existence right now could feasibly mimic dividend yields without adding any additional features to the system, like a div feed.
I believe yield is to be taken out in 2.0. Maybe it should be made an optional feature to be included on a case by case bases

bitassets won't have the ability to earn interest in 2.0???

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
As long as you are happy for bitAPPLE to represent a number of Apple shares that grows over time, you can always define the exposure as as accumulation index that assumes any dividends are reinvested. Price feeds would need to adjust accordingly. This would mean no dividends are required to be distributed.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Dividend feed?

surely possible and maybe worthwhile. i wonder if Bitshares had sufficient trading volume that a bitMSFT or whatever would see the shorting interest rate roughly equal the dividend rate? that'd be an interesting experiment. the nature of shorting assets into existence right now could feasibly mimic dividend yields without adding any additional features to the system, like a div feed.
I believe yield is to be taken out in 2.0. Maybe it should be made an optional feature to be included on a case by case bases

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Dividend feed?

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Step 2 add the individual high volume components (APPL, GOOG, FB,AMZN,etc)
With BitShares 2.0 and privatized bit assets this will be a no-brainer that can make you a profit :D
But pssst .. don't tell anyone
I am sure there must be a way to pay dividends through privatized bit assets, right?
Send some bitUSD to every account in proportion to their ownership of the asset.

Offline jamesc

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Correct just advertise the transaction cost, everything else being equal.

Right there, you just crushed the legacy business model.  Wait until some other smartchain can offer at least what BitShares can do, if you want to sweeten the deal any more.  Don't give away the milk for free unless they are too.
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline monsterer

To me it makes more sense to target non-dividend paying assets because otherwise you won't be able to claim equivalence when promoting them.
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
With BitShares 2.0 and privatized bit assets this will be a no-brainer that can make you a profit :D
But pssst .. don't tell anyone

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
Step 1 add the indicies for the DOW/NASDAQ/etc. components
Step 3 add lower liquidity components as markets demand
You own the network, but who pays for development?