Author Topic: Account Access Issues - Please Help  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Bungit

• View Profile
Thanks,

I'll try and put  together a detailed list of the processes, there were some changes of computers and OS's which may have created the problem.
Just got to try and get the order right for you.

Many Thanks and i'll get back soon with details

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
As I understand it the wallet is stored on the browser moved to other comps and browsers via the bin. file
Yes (afaik internet explorer is not supported)

Can I move the offending account to my current wallet without the bin.  ?
bin is your wallet it is tied to the account name, however inside that account you can create another wallet and account, which is not very intuitive to manage.

Would be much easier to help you if you describe step by step how you created those 2 accounts.
Like:
I came to openledger, used this machine, that browser, created account, made backup (backup_name) and so on...
Its hard to guess what you did, because there is many options. If u are sure that you have all backups, dont panic, you're safe.

Offline Bungit

• View Profile
What steps should I take to get access?
As I understand it the wallet is stored on the browser moved to other comps and browsers via the bin. file
Can I move the offending account to my current wallet without the bin.  ?

The bin. file is opening and restoring a wallet but does not contain the account
« Last Edit: July 08, 2016, 08:39:34 pm by Bungit »

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Using another account I can search and find the offending account in the system but can't get direct access

Try from that account.

Offline Bungit

• View Profile
Only option is Default wallet - when I change to this option it says that wallet contains no accounts

Offline nmywn

• View Profile
Try: settings -> wallet -> active wallet.
Also i'm on trollbox now.

Offline Bungit

• View Profile
I have an OL account that I can't access

I enter the Restore/Import page - browse my back-up (bin.) file - enter password and Submit
It tells me the wallet exists and doesn't take me through to the the account page.

I have noticed that the bin. file is named as the account name and not as default.

Using another account I can search and find the offending account in the system but can't get direct access

Can you please offer some assistance